Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread

Thread: ASMR Discussion

Rep
    Mentioned
    1587 Post(s)

ASMR Discussion

Technically not music, but I feel like the mode of sensation and the equipment being used for this hobby are the same so I'm gonna put this here until I find a more fitting place for it.

Anyone here into ASMR?

From Wiki:
    Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is an experience characterized by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. It has been compared with auditory-tactile synesthesia.Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) signifies the subjective experience of 'low-grade euphoria' characterized by 'a combination of positive feelings, and a distinct static-like tingling sensation on the skin'. It is most commonly triggered by specific acoustic, visual and digital media stimuli, and less commonly by intentional attentional control.
    Here's an example(use headphones or else it won't work)
    https://youtu.be/wxKL8OiutiE?t=1113

I enjoy it quite a lot because I have insomnia/anxiety and it helps me relax and eventually sleep. I like soft spoken voices, scalp massage, ear picking and water/shampoo noises.

There is a very established scene in the doujin world for voice works(you can find tons on DLsite). But a lot of them focus on anime-voice roleplay(which does NOT help me relax when it's squeaky), and a lot of them are nsfw masturbation aids marketed towards males. So those don't really do much for me... Eventually I found that streamers who talk in normal voices are a good source of works that I enjoy.

Feel free to share anything you like/do regarding ASMR.

IGN
    Nitroflame
    Server
    Hitokappu Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have come across a few ASMR mainly by accident. I have tired listening to a few minutes of several of them, but they aren't my thing.