Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lieutenant
    Server
    Brunei Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rip IJN Kaga, 2017-2017

Rep
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.A.Mitscher View Post
    That's straight up stupid of a new drop pattern. Most especially if my suspicion comes true that WG is going to remove Manual Drops for the rest of CVs past Tier V.
    That's very likely, in my opinion. Intended as a "balancing move" to eliminate the massive influence that carriers can have by wiping tactical assets off of the map very quickly in the hands of above-average and good players. A great many people will likely react negatively to this. A great deal of people on the receiving end will also react positively.

Rep
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WtBlaze View Post
    Rip IJN Kaga, 2017-2017
    LOL dead before going live!

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    1088 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid Yeah, that's what I figured. It's unfortunate that they couldn't find a way to balance it, it was interesting. Now she's just underwhelming ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Rep
    Mentioned
    1088 Post(s)
    iChase preview of Kaga

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    Darjeeling
    Server
    Brunei Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5694 Post(s)
    i'm hearing conflicting reports about Kaga

Some say she's shite, others that she's great.

I am confused

Married to Nagato 23/02/2016. Married to Iowa 26/09/2016. Married to Warspite 25/10/2016. Married to Houshou 19/12/2016.
    Married to Musashi 26/02/2017 Married to Ushio 10/03/2017. Married to Maya 25/03/2017. Married the Chitose Sisters 24/07/2017.
    The Ship Soul War (Kancolle Fanfic)

Rep
    Mentioned
    2214 Post(s)
    @Lord Harrab

Maybe due depending on which CV and player she's matched against. I can see a skilled CV player in AS Saipan shutting down Kaga quite hard.

Piuy is the boss.

Rep
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    There is also the matter of the quality of AA Kaga can encounter.

If Kaga will be Top Tier, Tier V-VI ships have such poor AA that Kaga will obliterate them unless they have the protection of a nearby Cleveland or CV fighters.

If Kaga will be fighting same tiered opponents, the AA threats go up a more. Cleveland is joined by Atlanta, Pensacola, Indianapolis. Then you have Colorado which has good personal defense against air threats. The rare AA Gneisenau is a "No Fly Zone" even for Saipan's Tier IX planes. Still, there are numerous ships with mediocre AA.

If Kaga is Bottom Tier and facing VIII-IX threats, the AA danger gets ridiculous. Before, it was typically USN Cruisers and BBs with possibly having good AA but at VIII-IX even more lines access good AA. Adm.Hipper / Prinz Eugen for example has better AA than New Orleans. Roon, Baltimore, Neptune get good AA. You got NC, Iowa / Missouri. WoWS also places a premium of higher tier AA vs lower tiered aircraft, so expect FDG, Bismarck AA to be costly for Kaga. My Tier VIII Lexington's bombers get obliterated by Tier IX AA, so how are Kaga's Tier VI planes going to hold up against Tier VIII-IX AA? They won't. Every run will cost Kaga harshly in her plane counts.

The videos I've seen with "Kaga is OP!" only show her beating up on Tier V, VI ships. Almost all of those ships have abysmal AA performance. But I've seen none of these videos show Kaga doing the same against REAL AA threat environments. Kaga is Tier VII. She beats up on Tier V-VI but she just as easily gets thrown into VIII-IX matches.

Seeing her beat up on New Mexico, New York is not impressive. I want to see how her Tier VI planes handle Colorado, AA Gneisenau, Cleveland, Atlanta, NC / Alabama, Pensacola, Indianapolis, Roon, Baltimore, Neptune, etc. AA. Hiryu players already know the costs with their Tier VI TBs. Ryujo players already feel the sting when they are often fighting Tier VIII ships like NC who just laugh at her planes.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

Rep
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    I had a chance to be in a match against a Kaga while using Nagato.
    [+] Spoiler

On the NA boards there's a small forum game where we spot other forum goers in a match. There's a separate thread LWM started as a "pile of skulls" where we show we kill each other ingame, but NOT TODAY!

The match was a big win for us but our Strike Ranger got nuked hard by Kaga. Ranger didn't die outright but he was damaged so heavily that long range gunfire got him because he was retarded enough to sail close to the fight trying to get cute for the shorter rearm times. So most this match Lord_Zath's Kaga had free reign to fly as he saw fit. A couple things I observed:

Kaga was sporting 2/2/1 spec, aircraft counts per type: 5, 6, 7 planes. I believe this to be buffed by Air Supremacy trait for +1 ftr, +1 db.

As I said before, Ranger never could contest the skies, not with 0/1/3 and couldn't defend itself against Kaga's strike.

Kaga's first real airstrike on a BB was against one of our Bismarcks that had advanced past the "Death Ball." Lord_Zath saw that and unsurprisingly focused him for strike. The bombers got in very powerful strikes on Bismarck but suffered high attrition. Honestly it reminds me of a Taiho & Hakuryu absorbing high losses on attack runs against high AA threats but still getting hits in.

Kaga had 2 attack runs against my Nagato, one landing 2 torpedo hits from the first time with both TBs. I was wanting to see the drop patterns, see the double line torpedo drops myself but the planes suffered such high attrition that at both times I never saw the pattern, it looked like a normal straight line of torps. The 2nd and last attack run on me the bombers died before dropping only one torpedo that missed. The only ship near me was a division mate in his Belfast but has no AA dedication at all in her, yet still bagged 9 planes. I bagged 20 planes with Nagato. All I had was AFT+BFT on her, no AAGM2. You can see even the Bismarcks shot down a fair bit and I'm sure they were not AA spec, almost no German BB is, especially Bismarcks.

It surprised me how easily Kaga's planes went down against Nagato and her shitty AA. I'm trying to imagine how that fares against Cleveland, Atlanta, Colorado, Gneisenau, North Carolina, Pensacola, Indianapolis, Alabama, Prinz Eugen / Adm.Hipper AA.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 05-08-2017 at 06:21 PM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

Rep
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Saw another Kaga yesterday, probably an ST this time as the player didn't have a [WG-CC] tag on. The Kaga was on our team and I told him he's probably going to have a field day since this was mostly a Tier V-VI match with shitty AA on both sides. Alas, our Kaga got the 'ol "Round about Snipe Attack" that got him killed. The enemy Strike Ranger did the old DOT Stacking and rekt Kaga. Kaga was flying a 1/1/3 build, no Air Supremacy. It really looked awful, I expected the 2/2/1. Maybe he had to test the 1/1/3? Hope so, I'd never fly a s--t spec like that on an IJN CV with only Tier 6 planes.

"Haze Grey & Underway"