Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    @Lord Harrab Eh I don't think so, Belfast wouldn't be so OP otherwise.

Mikasa performing worse than the cruisers she wrecked IRL however...

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Rep
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    Aerroon's take on Hood

I'm guessing rudder shift, main gun range, AP pen and air drag are probably the most likely candidates for a buff.
    Either that or just downtiering her to T6.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Rep
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    And Flamu's take on the Hood. Surprisingly enough he likes it quite a bit.

iChase who's usually quite soft slammed the Hood and Flamu who usually makes harsh critics praised it. Is it bizarro day or something?

Rep
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    @Mobius There be sorcery going on.

In all honesty, Flamu's no different from others and will go against the grain a few times. He's just blunt about it and if there's not enough good things about it he'll go on about that. I know in the NA boards people have been on him for his harsh criticism of Alabama before her last minute buff before release as well as other things. Like he hates the ships or something. Yet people forget he was one of the few guys that LIKED Mutsu and considered her strong. He made mention of her vulnerabilities but he liked that ship. That ship did so badly that not even Asia server really got into her and NA server of all places got the most matches with her. Even then it sold poorly. Yet Flamu was one of the few that liked her.

Another thing he does differently, at least with common player conception is he values RPF. These days if people are found to be using RPF regardless of the ship, they get railed on. Yet Flamu repeatedly has shown how much he likes that trait and even had a video on its use during last ranked season.

IOW, he's like anyone else. He just gets slightly salty about some things and is blunt. He's still one of the WoWS YouTubers that I check up on.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 04-22-2017 at 07:36 PM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3736 Post(s)
    Here is LWM's preview of the HMS Hood:
    http://forum.worldofwarships.com/ind...-hood-preview/

Not nerfed to death, but not OP broken either, more like her livery: bland.

- - - Updated - - -

And about Flamu: I don't really think he should be considered as the alpha and the omega about everything WoWS related. He's obviously very good and his opinions and anylsis are interesting, but that doesn't mean the others are crap and should be disregarded. Everyone has her/his playstyle and may or may not be able to replicate Flamu's prowess.

tl;dr. like the news, people should have a diverse CC intake, don't' stay tuned to Flamu only, like you would to Fox News/CNN/BBC/Breitbart... (although you should drop the last one named :p)

Rep
    Mentioned
    1063 Post(s)
    You guys are reading too much into my comment regarding Flamu, I was just amused by the "role switch" if you can call it that, nothing more There's a reason why I posted iChase's and Aerroon's vids as well.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3736 Post(s)
    And here is LWM's definitive preview/review before the ship hits the stores:
    http://forum.worldofwarships.com/ind...view-hms-hood/

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3736 Post(s)
    HMS Hood has hit the NA stores.

Since it's a staggered release linked to the Bismarck campaign, only the most expensive bundle is available for now. Its price should be 99€ on EU, and on NA it's 89€ for me.

It does have a lot of dubloons and a 12-pts captain in it, among others.

Rep
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK I played a bit today in the Tier V-VII range, to include using Colorado, New Mexico, Texas a few times. Saw Hood quite often, 1-2 per match total, but a far cry from "Tirpocalypse" and "Scharnageddon." I don't think any ship is going to ever rival Tirpitz's debut where entire team rosters were filled with that ship.

Anyways, my takes on fighting Hood so far: She maneuvers okay, armor I wasn't impressed with. Guns didn't really hit even my Colorado hard. Amused she had more HP than Colorado.

Another thing, with NA there was a huge number of BB players in the queues. This really brought out the DD & CV players and it was not a good time to be a Cruiser. Saw too many times CVs torpedo bombing Hood without mercy. DBs were getting butchered if the CV player didn't get the memo how Hood's AA worked.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3736 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher
    With a $99/99€ entry ticket, the paywall is a bit steeper for Hood than Scharnie or Derpitz.

Yet there are various screencaps where you can see 100+BB in the waiting queue. With a brand new Hood, a buffed Warspite, and a new campaign where you have to deal lots of damage, that was to be expected.