Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Yura K2 patch maintenance has ended. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep
    Mentioned
    547 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK The amount of BBs queued up was legit!

The huge uptake of BBs had me see what was, IMO, a lot of horrible BB play. When you're seeing stuff like Kirov sailing right up to a Gneisenau and torping the shit out of Ze German and sinking her, you know there's dumb stuff going on. DDs and CVs were feasting yesterday. If the laptop I was playing on wasn't so shit, I'd be sailing Saipan or Hiryu right now.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    And some quest need to damage Cruisers -> Cruisers life quite miserable today.
    I have great succes with some stealt build Nija-assasin cruiser, but when spooted (by dd or CV) all red BB target me at all cost Maybe a team can win when all heavy hitter spend too much time to finish, but dancing in a bullet hell with a cruiser not easy...
    At least I have some "tool":
    Takao.jpg

I don't recommend a high detection range cruiser (more than 11km) these days.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2046 Post(s)
    It's here! Eurobeats's video on Hood!

Piuy is the boss.

Rep
    Mentioned
    547 Post(s)
    @ofi123 IMO, speed is the best asset of her. The armor is mediocre unless angled, but what Battleships aren't like that? The guns are mediocre. But speed? It saves this ship. Get around the map faster, bring those 15" guns to a fight where it's needed sooner than the slower Nagato & Colorado with their larger 16" guns. Use the speed to save the ship when a front has collapsed. Use the speed and bait Scharnorst and Gneisenau to chase you into help. They can't overtake you unless you let them. Gneisenau is faster, IIRC but not by a whole lot, Hood is fast enough to draw out a chase.

The guns are IMO, pretty wonky and sort of unreliable, even more so than RNG-fests that are BB guns. I tried with ASM1 and it still feels off. Not Gneisenau levels of "off" though. And I agree with Eurobeat's comment about the performance of the shells against heavy armor targets. With Tier VI Warspite, I've more than enough times made Bismarck, Tirpitz pay heavily if they disrespect her guns and get cute with showing more side to present all guns. With Hood, I don't feel that in her AP.

The AA on this thing is a false sense of security. To be sure it makes DB-reliant CVs pay dearly. It makes CVs that like to do close torpedo drops pay also. Then there are those CVs who got the memo on how Hood's AA works and will drop further out with their TBs. Hood is an immense ship. You can't miss it. You should see what Kaga does to it

As for dealing with the Tier VII German BBs:
    - Gneisenau is easy to deal with if you can stay at longer than Brawling ranges and force those typically SBM2-fitted ships to rely on their terrible, unreliable guns.

- Scharnhorst? Depends.
    - Secondary Build ones I did well against using Hood by simply kiting them.
    - ASM1 fitted ones however, are a big problem as they just keep landing hit after hit after hit. If you're angled, then they got no problem in keeping on landing HE shells on you, and they take their toll on you. Meanwhile you're settling with Hood and her sometimes very wonky dispersion.

At least Hood has good Fire Chance on her HE shells, 34% or 36% IIRC.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 06-09-2017 at 06:45 PM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -