Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

View Poll Results: Should we implement notification sounds?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 58.46%
  • No

27 41.54%
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Notification Sounds

I'm wondering how this will affect server load. Here at Himeuta we mention and quote each other a LOT. The sound file you can offset that with caching/CDN, but I wonder if all the additional server calls are going to be worth it.

IGN
    鎖那の花
    Server
    幌筵泊地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Just imagine GCT subscription notifications every 2 seconds. lol

"Bolt actions speak louder than words."

IGN
    Subpyro
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I might be a bit late for the party, but I do not believe sound notifications would be necessary nor that helpful overall. If I'm being perfectly honest, Himeuta is already well-organized for every user that keeps their settings set in whichever way they prefer. That would include the all-round notifications for any new activity on the forums and elsewhere, with all of them being presented in a section pop-up shape in the bottom-left part of the page on default. That alone, I believe is enough. Sound notifications wouldn't really contribute too much in my eyes, especially when the current visual notifications already appear without the need of refreshing the page.

This brings me to the point that sound notifications might only encourage haste and impulsive actions as well as posts shared, that could potentially lower the quality of them as an ending result. The notifications system is highly efficient the way it is now. I'm not saying that there won't be anything that could potentially even improve it, but I seriously do not see sound notifications as something that would. Fancy idea, but still I believe it wouldn't add much/enough to the current system for me to support it.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IDK how I feel about a notification sound but if implimented I sort of want this sound to be an option for posterity (Kongou is love, Kongou is life).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ancolle%29.mp3

I've been using it for my email notification on my phone and it brings a smile to my face every time I hear it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "poi~."

Shinmai Shosa (新米少佐) ShinaiNari's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nwrtz View Post
    As long as you can turn it off, without that option I highly oppose the idea.
    Me too basically this. Voted for No (even if there's turn off setting, still it's a No :3 )

Rep
    Mentioned
    4796 Post(s)

I voted "Yes", assuming it would be optional.