Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Yura K2 patch maintenance has started and will end around 7pm JST. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)

Ship Discussion: de Grasse

And Here is the French Premium Croissant, de Grasse !

And as you can see, it's the 1941 project, not the ship as completed in 1956. So, no Frenchie Atlanta.

SAD! [/trump]

More pics:

Rep
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    I'm just going to copy my reddit post:

What the hell Lesta? This is seriously one of the worst possible choice you could've made for a premium. France only has one premium at the moment and it's already a T6. Not only that, but it's one that brings nothing interesting to the table compared to the T6 tech tree ship while depriving us of an excellent and rather unique ship (only Atlanta and Flint would've a similar gameplay, while 3x3 guns cruisers are dime a dozen. And even then, De Grasse would've played rather differently due to her different shell velocity, bigger size, etc...). And let's not even mention how sexy her 1956 version is.

If you really wanted to have a T6 premium cruiser, just add Gloire with a gimmick and be done with it, but leave De Grasse for T8. It wouldn't change much as far as the gameplay is concerned and you've even nicked her post US refit camo to put it on De Grasse.

I'm not even sure this thing will sell well. Why pick De Grasse (which will be incredibly similar to La Galissonière in terms of performance) when you can buy Duca, which is the first Italian ship in the game (and therefore more interesting as a captain trainer) and is more unique as far as gameplay is concerned.

Honestly, I'd rather have De Grasse not be implemented than like this, at least I could keep the hope that we'd see it as a T8 premium one day. I hope that Lesta will reconsider their position and will give us her 1956 version instead, but I'm not really optimistic. Our only real hope now is that they will add her "sister ship" Colbert. They weren't really sister ships as they weren't part of the same class, but as far as I know they were almost identical.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    polymorphine
    Server
    Sukumo Bay Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    ooohh another cruiser. gimme some DD's will ya

Quote Originally Posted by iPe7eR View Post
    >Implying every place on the internet isn't infested with tumblrfags.

https://asia.warships.today/signature/2008227745/light.png

Rep
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Fun fact: de Grasse's camo is Gloire's actual camo from 1943.

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/franc...lissoniere.htm

- - - Updated - - -

That said, I don't think it's so bad a pick for a trainer. It should handle exactly like her lower tiers brethren (from D-T to L-G) while having some decent armour. I'm kinda concerned her main guns's RoF will be nerfed to the ground like said brethren, though. WG seems determined not to have the Russian CL line yield their spot due to powercreep.

Rep
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Which is why I said above that they should've made Gloire a premium with a gimmick instead of using De Grasse for it. It's not like it's unwarranted either: Gloire guns had some unique modifications which allowed for a better RoF, and she received improvements during her refit. She could've been given a higher RoF in exchange for nerfs in other places, or a weak radar (something like 20s duration with 9km range, but significantly longer CD time to make it balanced for T6, like 240s or something) and some nerfs elsewhere (standard speed boost instead of French one perhaps?) to compensate would've made her unique and interesting. De Grasse brings nothing over LG besides marginally better AA (and only LG's stock hull, her B hull will have better AA), 1 more torpedo tube per side and a bit of speed but it deprives us of her as a unique T8 premium. It's a net loss as far as I'm concerned.

I'm legit annoyed by this. That's the second time they've pulled something like this (the first time was with Mutsu).

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    @Mobius
    Calm down, I get your point. I too am disappointed not to have De Grasse as completed, and having read your earlier post a bit too fast, I admit having missed the part about Gloire.

I'm just saying that this ship is perhaps a nice (but not good, since she's two tiers too low) trainer for the French cruiser captains, since she probably handles like the other light cruisers, instead of requiring her own captain build to get the fullest of her. In short, she's not the French Atlanta, but the French Indianapolis.

As for the ships' RoF, I do hope WG buffs them back their original values. These may be the historical values due to French mechanical failures which did hamper said RoF, but some other nations had worse problems there *cough*Soviet Navy*cough*.

Rep
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK The "legit annoyed part" was about Lesta's decision, not your post. I'm not mad at you or anything, don't worry

Honestly, I don't expect her to be a very good trainer either. She's too low tier for that, and it's unlikely that she's going to be an OP ship like Belfast and allow you to get tons of Krakens and other high calibres for tons of XP. She's probably going to be pretty average and probably worse than Duca and Molotov unless they come up with a crazy powerful gimmick for her (which I highly doubt given their handling of French ships so far).
    Her only positive aspect is that she'll have captain builds that fits well with other French CLs... Buuuuuut French CL stops at T6, so even that's a mostly moot point.

As I said, to me it's mostly a waste of a hull.

Rep
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    De Grasse stats, courtesy of the Daily Bounce:

Someone did a comparison with La Galissonniere on Reddit:
    • Shorter reload for main guns, 7.5s vs 10s
    • 4k more hit points
    • 1 extra torpedo each side, same torps
    • Faster, 33.5kts vs 31kts, still has the speed boost consumable
    • Longer Range 16,170m vs 15,919
    • Same concealment
    • Larger turning circle, 690m vs 650m
    • Longer rudder shift time, 11.44s vs 10s
    • Better long range AA, both range and dps
    • Much worse mid and short range AA, both range and dps.
    + has fighter airplane, La Gal doesn't

TL:DR: They're literally selling a fixed La Galissonniere. As if not giving us the 1956 version wasn't enough of kick in the balls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some pictures of her naked (lewd)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, better quality pictures than the one Keyan posted + some additional pics:

Rep
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Flamu's preview of De Grasse: