Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Clash of Panzers

Clash of Panzers - クラッシュ・オブ・パンツァー
    (released 23.04.2017)

Did someone tried it? After the browser message i got another one ... :i
    z5ez63.jpg

At the moment i am unable to play it, pls help me.

Rep
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    I tried this for a little while. You need a VPN to access the game. It is completely unavailable outside of Japan. Even the mobile version requires Japanese Google Play, and then a Japanese connection to connect to the game.

Overall, it seems promising to a degree. It has the rather outdated system of repairing involved, which surprised me.

Key aspects of the game
    Resources
    There are 3? Key Resources, Gold, Oil, and Metal. They regenerate from buildings in your base that you have to click on to collect, so there's a resource management aspect built in.
    Each one is used for different purposes, upgrading buildings, sortieing, repairs/construction. It appears you only get rewarded for the first victory on a map though, so I'm not sure how easy it is to get more resources. Things get expensive fast.

Base Building
    You get to actually build a base, and defend it from attacks (I'm not sure if these are released yet, but you get to do so in your tutorial).
    You get to position and move your buildings, add fortifications, upgrade buildings to get more resources/increase caps. Seems like a fun thing to do outside of other mechanics that most games don't offer.
    Something I did notice though is that your base is littered with scrap and garbage, meaning you have to remove them for a cost before you can build anything on those tiles, and you're surrounded by forest so if you wanted to expand out, it'll again cost you.

Combat
    Combat is rather simplistic. It's not a true RTS where you can control your units. You only get to pick where they are deployed and they will automatically move forward into the enemy base. The only other thing you can control is when and where to activate skills.
    Your platoon is locked based on a total value, so you can't send in a ton of high rarity units at once (at the start anyways).
    If you do not lose a tank in combat, you don't have to repair it. If you do lose one, you have to spend a ton of metal to reconstruct it as it was destroyed.
    The AI isn't super smart and they won't necessarily target enemy fortifications that are damaging them. They might instead shoot a building that won't fight back, leading them to die instead of killing the one tower that can hurt them.
    I also had an instance where my unit got confused and kept walking back and forth while being shot without doing anything so...
    There appears to be a fatigue system in the game, as there are smiling faces that change next to portraits, similar to KanColle.

Units
    Combat proficiency is determined by the tank and its commander. Higher rarity is better stats but higher deployment/repair cost? It appears higher rarity also lets you deploy more of the same tank.
    There's no strong indication right now what nationality or class may impact. Class probably has to do with stat distributions, but I didn't look at that much as I only had 3 tanks.
    Commanders can level up to get more stats. I can't remember if the tank itself can level up.

Other
    Construction is like simplistic. You send in a commander and hit the construction button and you wait a few hours for a tank to come out. Results are probably based on the commander's rarity and nationality.
    Scouting is even simpler, as there is no timer. You just set a commander and hit the scout button, and you instantly get another commander.
    There is an affection system in the game, though I'm not sure what it impacts.
    The cash item aspect seems ordinary. It appears all quests reward the cash currency in small amounts, so you could F2P it, but there's a lot of options to skip timers and such at small prices so they incentivize using it a lot.

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.

Newly Registered Tiger Festival's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    @Jujulius I have the same problem with my iPhone.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Folseus View Post
    I tried this for a little while. You need a VPN to access the game.
    Thanks a lot, at the moment the game is lunching with a vpn, but i really dislike the vpn (it is really slow and i only need it for this game = much to do for playing clash of panzers).

The slow connection is steeling all of my motivation and the game looks like designed for handys. I give it a try.

Rep
    Mentioned
    997 Post(s)
    I was going to give this game a try, but my old PC can only handle 32bit and Chrome won't let me install 64bit. Too bad. :(

Newly Registered Tiger Festival's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think the app and PC version are both working fine now, because I am able to download and play both just fine without using VPN.

Last edited by Tiger Festival; 04-30-2017 at 02:25 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    @Tiger Festival Yeah, it looks like it will work now without a VPN, though their website, which hosts their game files is still blocked, which is strange.
    This game might work better for mobile in terms of gameplay, because the PC game frame is super small, making it really annoying.
    Trying it on mobile now though, it loads extremely slow, I can't even try to sync my games together. Might be my phone, but it's likely just trying to connect to their JP server, as this seems like a more data intensive game.
    However, both versions trigger me when they launch with that audio cue "Clash of Panzers". Gives me the cringes.

Resource management seems a lot more friendly than I initially thought. You can earn a ton of resources by winning in raids on other people's bases (multibattle is what it's called in-game for some reason). Not sure how much more difficult it could get in the future when people's bases get tougher, but it seems pretty free right now. When you start the game, you have a free shield that prevents you from being raided, not that it does anything. As far as I can tell, being raided only loses you rank points. After being raided, you get a shield for 12 hours that stops it from happening again. You have to give up the shield to be able to raid people. There's in-game rankings for the week I think, which gives you the rare stones as a reward. I think I checked yesterday and there were two people already with 9999 points, the max. Now, there's a 3rd, and almost a 4th, with everyone in the top 10 above 9k. I get like 30 points per victory right now and I stopped after ~15 runs because I was max resources. Currently at 363 points in rank 5ksomething.

The actual game quests get a lot harder as you progress and they only have a 1-time reward, so they might be okay to get you started for resources, but they'll end up costing you a lot of metal to try since it's so easy to lose tanks in those fights.
    You get resources as you destroy the corresponding buildings in a sortie, so if you shoot down an gold mine or a bank, you get gold. You can retreat at any time, and as long as the tank doesn't get destroyed, it'll be back at full health, so you can raid a story map for its resources and then retreat. The resources do not return though afterwards and the buildings all come back etc.

The fatigue system is pretty stupid however, in my opinion. It's similar to affection in most other games where you give your girl items, and it recovers fatigue. There doesn't seem to be any other way to recover it, even if you just leave them out of battle or whatever.
    Fatigue seems to only affect their skill recharge though. If they're at the lowest level, the skill can never be used. At max happiness, they start with 50% skill charge.

In terms of tanks, there's six classes in-game.
    Light Tanks are represented by a square. They have high movement speed and attack speed with low costs and you can typically deploy several of them. They have increased attack vs resource facilities, walls, and gates.
    Medium tanks are represented by two lines and have a balance of attack, armor, range, speed, and firing speed. They have increased attack and defense against other tanks.
    Heavy tanks are represented by three lines. They have high attack, armor, and range and excel at midrange combat. They have increased attack and defense against other tanks.
    Tank destroyers are represented by a triangle pointing down. They have high attack power and deal area of effect damage. They take less damage from landmines
    Self-Propelled Guns (SPG/Artillery) have high attack power and range and deal area of effect damage. They are good for shooting at enemy facilities. They take less damage from landmines.
    Armored Vehicles are repesented by a square with a hole in it. They have the best movement and attack speeds with low costs, and have several deployments, but their damage is very low. They take less damage from enemy buildings, but they can be destroyed by landmines.

Each tank has a preferred target, so they may shoot something that's not the building killing you... Fun stuff.

Anyways, I've found that the PzIV A which I think everyone gets for free? is a very solid tank. If you can, just recruit friends who have medium tanks that have 2 deployable as that's the most reliable I've found. PzIV A is really common, then the M3 Lee which is worse in every way.
    I think Tank Destroyers and SPG are pretty strong since they deal so much damage from a safe distance, but your front line can get shredded really easily if their numbers are too low.

There's a rail-mounted cannon in a lot of maps, and in people's bases, that basically oneshots anything inside is shooting range and area of effect, so that's something to look out for.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If you're familiar with Clash of Clans, this is what it is, but with tanks and cute girls.

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    well i had played this game and i'm Lv.34 in it and got 3 4 star characters and i got a 5 star tank

Rep
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Just noticed this game, but the cookie method to access most of DMM games seems like not working for this one. Aside from VPN, how did you guys play it on PC?

Missing kanmusu:
    Asashimo, Taihou, Musashi, Graf, Kazagumo, Mikuma, Oyashio