Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Rep
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    @firemagnet I honestly wasn't expecting the twist at the end of the episode, it's something that you don't really expect but it worked really well considering the situation and it wasn't a bad card to play at all.

Also I love the way Selesia pilots her mech, so provocative... she clearly learned that from Code Geass :P

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3001 Post(s)
    @Leyana no wonder why this no improvement in human condition. Just further degradation lol

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 130]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

Rep
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    @Kranesh

This episode was blast for me and I'm definitely wanting more. Especially since Re:Creators is the only series this season that I haven't skimmed. Hell, I haven't even watched Fate: Apocrypha yet.

Rep
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    @firemagnet You should really give Apocrypha a go, it's getting really good as well.

Rep
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Rock solid episode again from Re:Creators this week. A few hitches in pacing which were deliberate, but nothing to gripe about.

The two stars of this episode were clearly Altair and Magane; the former for her chess-mastery and the latter for her impressive display of character depth.

In the former case, we see the extent to which Altair has everyone else dancing in the palm of her hand. Still unfazed by everything being thrown at her, Altair visibly climbs the power ladder within the span of the episode. She goes from simply fending off Selesia's Vogelchevalier with her swords with minimal effort to actually stopping a sword-swing by catching the blade between two fingers, and the throwing the entire mech--which weighs at a minimum a thousand times more than she does--to the ground with enough force to leave a small crater. As Blitz flips sides and emerges in hot pursuit of Syo, we see her repeat her comment--made in episode 15--about how Blitz should avoid the final battle. This gives what was originally a kind statement far more depth. While it's clear that in her limited capacity Altair feels some affection for him, what's far more important is the degree to which she has what amounts to true omniscience. Her comments in episode 15 were made easily a month in advance of the events of this episode and thus far almost everything has played to her advantage. Even when disarmed and finally caught in a second cage for the penultimate plan of Meteora's plan, she immediately reverses the situation with a carefully timed Diabolus Ex-Machina in the form of Selisa's love interest, Charon. As she stated in episode 15, her entire method is to gain acceptance by showing the audience just how outmatched the entire team is, even when almost all of them turn against her.

Magane deserves mention in her own way. While she's still teasing Souta (and manipulating him to her own ends all the while), she shows genuine depth of character compared to her last few appearances. Since her first appearance in episode 6, she has evolved from being a "monster in the closet" character whose only role was to showcase the moral abyss in which the opponents of the main character resided. In episode 18 we see a character who, while still hedonistic and of very questionable moral standing, is now capable of showing kindness in her own way. She demonstrates clear fondness and affection for Souta, who finally comes into his own and musters up the courage to stand up to her in order to defend his own beliefs in a meaningful way. Their interaction also reveals her character trait, which can be summed up as the classic logic game of the liar's paradox; as the knave of the puzzle, she never lies about herself, but always lies about others. Souta figures this out, and in doing so achieves both his and her objectives. She gives him the ability to detach any character he may create from the linchpin of narrative acceptance, but in return she manipulates him into giving her the key to her "great miracle emperor plan," and overwrites the contradiction that her existence represents to the world. In short, she manipulates him into giving her the key to her own godhood, and establishes her as a potentially permanent antagonist if Altair is dealt with first.

Thanks to these, we can now clearly see where the plot is headed. With Magane set up as the penultimate villain-in-waiting and Altair poised to achieve godhood by destroying the only trap that could contain her, we now reach 11:59 (23:59) on the doomsday-clock of Souta's world. In breaking out of the "bird cage," Altair will undo the entire plan that Meteora so carefully laid out and blow the whole conspiracy wide open. With their acceptance levels dropping to zero as the threat of total annihilation is forced upon the "real world" and the audience realizes that what they are watching is emphatically not an anime, the only chance for Meteora's team to forestall the destruction of all of existence will be for Souta to play his card by resurrecting Shimazaki Yuna, Altair's creator, as a created. As Magane noted in this episode, "if it's all based on lies from the start, you can create the god that you need." Setsuna will likely fulfill that role, along with Souta himself. In doing so, they'll be able to bring Altair back down to normal (but then they'll have to contend with Magane).

Rep
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    @firemagnet Amazing explanation of this week's episode, to be honest all the past episodes of this arc were a blast and this one just made me love Magane even more. Considering how the battle is progressing I'm sure Souta will execute his plan in the last minute possible and I bet it's gonna be something great, I just hope the show manages to handle such scene decently since it will likely means the defeat of Altair, it's really gonna be quite the episode so I hope it doesn't suck.