Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Yura K2 patch maintenance has ended. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    547 Post(s)

Ship Discussion: USS Enterprise

From a thread in the NA forums.
    ======
    WFCEagle, on 12 May 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

Seems that WG is lack of money

Source: https://www.facebook.com/WorldOfWars...848679/?type=3

- - - Updated - - -

Also a cut and paste of a comment I had in that thread, regarding Enterprise's planes, at least her fighters.
    ===

By nature of being Tier VIII, Enterprise is going to see Tier X matches with the expected, deadly Tier IX & X AA. Saipan as Tier VII can beat up on pathetic Tier V ships sometimes, and seeing Tier IX at the highest of her tier range. But Saipan sports Tier IX planes already. Saipan will be fine with her special niche of Tier IX planes on a Tier VII CV.

As far as the fighters are concerned, I was wondering if WG was going to give Enterprise early war F4F Wildcats or mid / late war F6F Hellcats. But the 2nd pic the OP provided gives us that answer.

For reference, here is Independence with F4F Wildcat fighters, note the stubby look and of course the insignia. The Wildcats are towards the end of the flight deck.

For additional reference is my Tier VIII Lexington with F6F Hellcats.

Enterprise will be sporting F6F Hellcats, not early war stuff. Mid-war air groups for her.

Also as an FYI, Tier VIII Lexington's stock fighters are F6F Hellcats and she upgrades to F4U Corsairs. Enterprise will have lower tier aircraft but tons of planes in reserve (96). Lexington sports higher tier aircraft but lower reserves (72). Enterprise in the deadly confines of Tier IX & X AA will be in a way like Kaga. Her planes are going to be lost quickly but like Kaga, probably good enough to get strikes in and have the reserves to come back for more.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 05-12-2017 at 11:03 AM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Additional pictures:

Two premiums CVs in a shor while... CV GUI rework imminent perhaps?

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Rep
    Mentioned
    547 Post(s)
    @Mobius One can only hope.

P.S., also linked your images to that thread in the initial link I had, nice find.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 05-12-2017 at 07:28 PM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

Rep
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Enterprise stats, courtesy of The Daily Bounce:

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Rep
    Mentioned
    547 Post(s)
    @Mobius 2/2/2 with 5-plane groups eh? Curious to see what the 2nd alt spec would be, probably AS oriented.

2/2/2 with the expected Air Supremacy will look better, especially with Dogfighting Expert to contest with the typical 2/2/2 Shokaku. The spec is more flexible than anything Lexington has at the tier.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

Rep
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher There's no second spec listed, it's possible that she might be a one trick pony. Either that or they haven't decided what the second spec will be yet.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3648 Post(s)
    https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/.../make-em-soar/

Big E will hit NA on June 30th, to rape the wallets 'corpses the Steam sales have killed.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    808 Post(s)
    I have many things to say. But I guess that will have to wait till 30th.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8254 Post(s)
    @DLRevan Does it involve her having access to the T9 equipment mod slot, and that said upgrade actually makes her not poopy? (Having her plane durability buffed up to basically be on par with T9 is actually kind of a big deal, although she still has the issue of not being able to crack USN BBs reliably because DB bounces and shitty torps).

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 95/99 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (5/1)