Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    2094 Post(s)
    Ho, her stealth may make her a very attractive to people in the upcoming T6 ranked season.

Piuy is the boss.

IGN
    Laisy
    Server
    Hitokappu
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3735 Post(s)
    This looks like everywhere in between the existing DDs. Surprised no special gimmick or specialized stats for a prem

Nothing much happening right now, isn't it?

Laisy's Journey of Drawing

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8275 Post(s)
    @Laisy Like I said, she's just... bland. Nothing really to sell her to people other than "First real HMS DD".

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (7/31)

Rep
    Mentioned
    1001 Post(s)
    Well, she does have the ability to launch single torps... But that's more of a RN gimmick than a Gallant one.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Seems like a decent gunboat/torpedo boat hybrid. I'm getting Blyska vibes from it.
    Given how Blys is now after the stealth fire changes, I'm not sure it's a good recommendation.
    That said, I saw one in action yesterday, and he basically carried our team. Nice firepower with decent shell arcs, single torpedo launch, but as far as I could see British smoke.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1001 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyan_TTK View Post
    Given how Blys is now after the stealth fire changes, I'm not sure it's a good recommendation.

Blyska is still fine.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8275 Post(s)
    Eh, I'd disagree. Blys' average win-rate tanked after the stealth fire nerfs, as she was the single ship that seriously got hit by it the most. She still has the heaviest gun load of the DDs at the tier, but the almost 5km stealth fire window was her biggest asset. Her torpedoes are good but not great, and shouldn't ever be used as a 'primary' weapon, and she definitely can't knife fight. So she's still the ranged gunboat she always was, but is now worse at the role than before, to the point that the tech ships give her an actual and fair run for her money in the role.

She's still not bad, but she's certainly fallen hard from grace. Definitely lost her P2W title now.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (7/31)

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post

Blyska is still fine.
    Of course Blys is still fine. There's still Mahan and Akatsuki to make her look good.
    Although I wouldn't have used a Flamu vid to make my point. I mean, this guy could be the lone T5 in a Krispy Kreme uptiered in a T7 game against a Saipan, a Belfast, a 3 Scharnhorst division and still win with a Kraken.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1001 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid I just checked the data the stats accross almost all servers (NA excluded because Warshiptoday is having a fit with NA stats for some reason) and she's still top 3 in WR and damage dealt accross all servers over the last two weeks. She's fine.

@Keyan_TTK The only ships that tend to do better than Blyska are Shiratusyu and Leningrad, and even then their lead is really not that big. We're talking 500 or less average damage difference here on the EU server, and she's in the lead on the RU server with 2k more average damage.
    As for Flamu, yes he could do that but he would still call the ship shite, like he's done in the past. Even if he does well in the game showcasing the ship in question, he has absolutely no problem thrashing it if he feels like it's not a good ship.

Last edited by Mobius; 06-13-2017 at 12:25 PM.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    HMS Gallant is going to hit the NA bea... er, shop next week!

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/...ld-seperately/

WG Summer sales, HSF ships and now HMS Gallant? WG is after your wallet!