Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrative Archangel Gensui Hime's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    If you find a bot, name it. I'll read the userlog and ban the IP address. In addition, I will soon add IP firewall rules for any proxies I find. That should reduce the botcount unless some dingus has infinite IPs. If I see recurring account creations, I will simply ban the entire IP block.

Best way to kill bots is to take the strong measure.

Systems Administrator, Webmaster
    Distinguished Fleet Admiral since 2013

Administrative Archangel Gensui Hime's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    In addition, if you are banned accidentally from mass IP block bans, please send an email to gensuihime@gmail.com.

Systems Administrator, Webmaster
    Distinguished Fleet Admiral since 2013

Rep
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gensui Hime View Post
    In addition, I will soon add IP firewall rules for any proxies I find. That should reduce the botcount unless some dingus has infinite IPs. If I see recurring account creations, I will simply ban the entire IP block.
    Hmm, I'm a bit worried whether that countermeasure would work in the IPv6 world... even a 48-bit address is large enough to be nigh-infinite.

Lacrima Memoria: Graveyard of the Fleet Maidens (May Poi-chan rest in peace)
    Christmas Eve Marriage: Shiratsuyu-Class 1300JST
    Marriage Memoirs with Murashigure
    Current Flower Knight : Oncidium altissimum (Bride of Fos).