Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Yura K2 patch maintenance has ended. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
    Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

remodel priority

Hi, uhh so I have been rushing leveling for some time now and I'm stuck as to which ship to remodel.
    Any help on my remodel priority?

My queue for kai ni:
    Hatsuhimo
    Ushio
    Hatsuharu
    Murakumo
    Kasuga Maru
    Kinu
    Yura (?)
    Suzuya

My queue for kai:
    Libeccio
    Pola
    Kamoi
    Commandant Teste
    Agano-class cruisers

Rep
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    @Pythe

Are you asking which one of those should be next? I assume the usual ships that are used day to day are already at their last remodel.

Twitch
    Event Stream & VoDs

Rep
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nwrtz View Post
    @Pythe

Are you asking which one of those should be next? I assume the usual ships that are used day to day are already at their last remodel.
    yes and yes

Rep
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    @Pythe
    Suzuya Kai Ni is the only one that stands out since she is the best CAV unless you are fighting an installation. The other two worth mentioning are Hatsushimo for a throwaway TCI destroyers for earlier maps and Libeccio who can use OSAW with high enough level.

Twitch
    Event Stream & VoDs

Server
    Explosive Licking Castle
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1351 Post(s)
    @Pythe I agree with nwrtz on his points, although I wish to point out a few more other things (such as equipment and quest benefits). To try to simplify things I'd sort them between those that you should aim towards, those that aren't urgent but provide a good boost to your play, and those that can be effectively ignored with no loss.

The following is my opinion, in order of priority from most important to least.

Immediate Aims

Suzuya Kai Ni - As nwrtz said, not only is she currently best in class as Kai Ni, she is needed for a sortie quest which gives you the Kyoufuu Kai, which is currently the best seaplane fighter in the game (tied with Type 2 Seaplane Fighter Kai (Skilled)). She is definitely the most important of those characters you mentioned.

You can ignore the CVL form until you have BP/resources to burn as currently there isn't a good niche use for 'aggressive CVL' in sortie maps and her high stats doesn't really make up for poor plane count, her special quest's reward is also mediocre. (8cm High Angle Kai+AA which is mainly for installation-killing shenanigans with the expansion slot for vanity)

Hatsushimo Kai Ni - Reliable TCI but weaker than the usual suspects Yukikaze and Shigure. As nwrtz said good for a budget TCI for early event maps.

Pola Kai - Gives a Ro.44 Seaplane Fighter upon remodel (2 fighter power), very helpful if you have <4 seaplane fighters, and doesn't require much effort to train.

Libeccio Kai / Ushio Kai Ni - Ability to OASW at reasonably low levels. Without Type 4 Sonars, you need lvl 80 for Libeccio and lvl 93 for Ushio to reach 72 ASW, the amount needed to OASW with just Type 3 Sonar x2 + Type 3 Depth Charge. For each Type 4 Sonar you have, the required level to OASW equipping the Type 4 Sonar(s) decreases by approx 8-10 levels each.

Libeccio's ASW stat is clearly better than Ushio Kai Ni but I'd urge you not to ignore the latter since she has the 5th best ASW stat (losing to Asashio K2D, Satsuki K2, Libeccio and Asashimo) and has the advantage of slightly higher stats in all other areas.

Quality of Life improvements

Kinu Kai Ni - Boosts up your expedition income by giving you a Daihatsu upon remodel, a Toku Daihatsu from her quest, and having an inherent 5% boost to expeditions (included in the 20% cap). Probably the most immediately useful of the remainder to have if you can spare the blueprints and don't have anything else needing urgent levelling

Commandant Teste - best plane capacity for AV, and very good all-around stats but slow speed can't carry midget subs. I'd train her to Kai for any shenanigans involving transport/AV related maps as a prepatory measure.

Kasuga Maru - Definitely has a niche from being the only Saiun-carrier currently allowed in transport fleet, as well as her OASW ability, but transport fleet maps tend to penalise slow ships with bad routing anyway so I am doubtful if she will be worth bringing all the same. Still unique and worth levelling eventually (assuming you don't need the catapult for crane K2s)

Can be Ignored

Yura - not worth worrying about until we know for certain what abilities/equipment/associated quests her hinted Kai Ni form would have, but go ahead and level her if you have absolutely nothing else to train.

Hatsuharu and Murakumo - More Kai Ni DDs are nice to have for the small stat boost compared to those without them, but they have no associated quests and are almost completely obsoleted by other K2 DDs.

Kamoi - unless you don't have Hayasui who is otherwise outright better

Agano-class - completely pointless once you have other CL Kai Nis and are outclassed combat wise by Nagara Kai and Kuma Kai already. I have 3 of the 4 at lvl 1, and Sakawa would be lvl 1 too if it wasn't for the crossroads event, and I don't feel I've lost anything at all.

KanDex First Completed 16 February 2016 // HQ Lvl 120! 9 March 2016 // 2nd Anniversary with Hiyou! 31 March 2017

Kantai Collection TRPG Himeuta Thread

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1493 Post(s)
    I don't agree about Kasuga Maru/Taiyou: the fact that she's the only CVL that you can bring in TCF should make her a priority target in levelling before next event. It's the first time we can bring all the CV(L) tools in a TP fleet without using gimmick like 4 seaplane fighters CAV.

IGN
    Kuro
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Of the Agano class i'd focus on Sakawa, having more OASW CLs never hurts, but it should be a long time investment, not a priority, since she can OASW starting at level 78 with the normal 2 T3 Sonars and T3 Depth Charge or 74 if you have 1 T4 Sonar.