Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Azur Lane

Newly Registered
    Rep
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsuneshoujo View Post
    Just 2 golds for getting ssr to 5 stars, or 2 balins for getting either rarity to 5 stars?
    For the first two upgrades of any ship, it either takes 1 balin of the same rarity or one duplicate ship of the exact same type. For the final star upgrade, it takes either 2 balins of the same rarity or 2 duplicates of the same ship. In other words, it takes a total of 4 balin or 4 duplicates (these are interchangable with each other) to fully upgrade a ship to full stars.

Last edited by Taichou; 10-12-2017 at 11:40 PM. Reason: clearification

Rep
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    question:
    where's the download for the JP client?

edit:

nevermind, I found it on the google play store.

I've got lvl 20 ships in the CN client, but I'm not willing to get invested in the CN client because of

a) CN censorship

b) I'm not willing to tolerate what the PRC does to their games whenever the Chinese Communist Party runs afoul of another nation. I was around on Warship Girls when they changed all the Japanese ship names to english (eg: Shittinami) after the latest Senkaku Islands spat. Can't imagine what they'll do to, for example, the CN client of Warthunder if they ever run afoul of the US.

edit 2:

Overall, I'm liking this game a heck of a lot more than Kancolle. A lot more casual friendly, a lot more interactive, less grinding overall, better expeditions.................I only wish it had Kancolle's art and character voices. My life would be complete then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinsre View Post

-snip-

However if you do read the kanji/chinese characters, you will see that the Chinese version censored all the names of JP ships like they did with the Chinese server of World of Warships. They are all ridiculous obscure characters of animals and plants. It gets pretty irritating after a while.

-snip-

This is exactly what I'm talking about. This ridiculous grudge-carrying and general foot stomping when anything geopolitical comes up; the ludicrous nationalism that makes the US' reaction on 9/11 with regards to the french not supporting Afghanistan or w/e look tame. And it happens all the goddamn time​.

Last edited by firemagnet; 10-13-2017 at 05:04 AM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Started yesterday and would like to know if there things I should do/not do in this game, also I got a 5 stars blonde drill girl but I don't know what she's used for.
    Edit: Nice! I got Prinz and she's one of the reasons I started playing this game.

Last edited by darkyumeko; 10-13-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Newly Registered
    IGN
    FireKore
    Server
    Buin
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taichou View Post
    I do not think using a VPN will effect the availibility check. I have Azure Lane on my smartphone, but I believe it is set to America as its locale, so I do not think you need to set your phone or emulator to be China or Japan specifically in order for it to get through the check. You could try installing it through a direct application pack install instead of getting it off the app store and see if you can bypass it that way.
    I tried tunneling to the US and using my US account (I'm in Europe, so it's not my usual account and I didn't though it would work). And it worked. Seems like this version of the game is limited to US, and not meant for Japan (maybe China just being China?)
    Whatever, I'll try it later when it finish downloading.

Thanks for the help, I wouldn't have thought to try from the US to download a chinese game in japanese xD

Rep
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkyumeko View Post
    Started yesterday and would like to know if there things I should do/not do in this game, also I got a 5 stars blonde drill girl but I don't know what she's used for.
    Edit: Nice! I got Prinz and she's one of the reasons I started playing this game.
    she's a universal limit break matierial for gold rarity ship.(her sister for purprle rarity and below)

In this game it takes duplicate ship to limite break(LV 10→require one,LV 30→require one,LV 70→require two),you can use universal matierial to replace if you don't have enough dupe.

http://www.himeuta.net/signaturepics/sigpic12507_2.gif

Rep
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    @BlueDrop Thanks for the info, btw I saw in the wiki that Renown has a chance of dropping in 1-4 is that true? because I really want to farm for her.

Rep
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkyumeko View Post
    @BlueDrop Thanks for the info, btw I saw in the wiki that Renown has a chance of dropping in 1-4 is that true? because I really want to farm for her.
    I want to say Yes, since I've had rare and elite ships drop that way in addition to building them, but I can't really say. I'm playing on the JP client, not the CN client, BTW.

Rep
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    @firemagnet What's the difference? I just started playing according to the wiki so I don't really know.

Edit: nevermind, saw your earlier post, I don't feel like restarting though.
    Edit Edit: after looking at the comments CR client sounds like a bad starting point so JP client it is, goodbye Prinz.

Last edited by darkyumeko; 10-13-2017 at 10:10 AM.

IGN
    Trickster
    Server
    Palau Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3076 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkayda View Post
    Is there something good that i ''should'' Lvling here ?

Currently i use most of time : Belfast / Prinz / Rodney / Ark Royal / Ilustrious / And San Diego
    Too many delicious boats. *coughs*

In terms of performance, you better Unicorn. She is useful in runs as she has heal + fast reload skill. Belfast is impressive, Lusty too due to the invulnerable skill.

San Diego is also good, especailly in PVP when enemy fleets had vicious airstrikes. But not much on sorties (unless you like her anyway)

Lord Paramount of the High Gardens. [Flower Knights pomf'ed: 140]
    Flower Knight Girl ID: 221329971 (DMM)
    Shiratsuyu-Girls:
    Shiratsuyu, Shigure, Murasame, Yuudachi, Harusame, Samidare, Umikaze, Yamakaze, Kawakaze, Suzukaze

Rep
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Can we get Bisko in game yet?
    Just started and rushing through. How good is Hood? My main.

LSC Completed 2014-2015
    Taihou - 29/12, Bismarck - 12/01, Yamato - 19/01, Musashi - 16/02, Shioi - 30/03