Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1089 Post(s)

Royal Navy battleships informations

Some informations have begun to leak about the RN BBs.

HMS Nelson (no tier at the moment)

HMS King George V (tier 7)

HMS Lion (tier 9)

HMS Conqueror (tier 10)

From the Daily Bounce: Some promotional PvE screenshots shows that it currently has the radar consumable

Last edited by Mobius; 06-05-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Yeaaaaa.....more BBs.

Also for certain there'll be more people again giving us real BB drivers a bad name. Goodness knows why, first few games I get back, I got 2 guys separately ranting at me in chat in and after the match on how I use BBs (aggressively).....guys with no BBs on their profile....guys with less than 800XP average......why did I take a break again?

Radar's interesting for sure. Going by historical material, RN BBs could have high performance HE, greater than IJN, at high tiers. Where KM BBs excel at HE penetration versus large targets where their accuracy doesn't matter, RN BBs could go with a gimmick of accurate, high damage per shell HE.

And accuracy may be something they need, to fight at long range when radar is down. Look at that fact sheet for example. The hull length is almost as long as Montana and greater than Yamato. With an ovoid hull and huge superstructure, only GK is a bigger target. Her engine power is also anemic for that displacement, she will likely be the slowest BB in the top MM bracket. All this means a BB who needs a lot of screening when radar is down.

Last edited by DLRevan; 06-05-2017 at 05:05 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    1089 Post(s)
    @DLRevan Actually, she's 2knts faster than Yamato but she'll probably accelerate slower. To be honest, I expect RN BBs gimmicks to be more in line with Hood and RN cruisers: Different fuse on their AP shells. They'll also probably be quite accurate (she will need it with only 8 guns in a 4x2 config).

By the way, did you leave the ST program?

- - - Updated - - -

Moar leaks:

KGV at T7 :/ Wonder what Nelson will be.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    @Mobius .......what? I missed the speed number there. How can she go 29knts? That hull isn't built for speed, and she's too heavy. Lion class is smaller with a greater power output and she isn't designed for 29knts.

The British also have good HE shells used on both their late cruiser and battleships. I'd like to see the main line differ from a premium. Either is largely the same though, good performance against smaller ships would be the goal. High damage HE would honestly be better, I've not had shell switching issues in a long time.

And no, I didn't leave the program.

Edit: OK so the fact sheet there actually says 29.2knts for Lion. I don't know anymore...Perhaps these are with hypothetical and increasingly modernized shafts.

Last edited by DLRevan; 06-05-2017 at 05:33 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    1089 Post(s)
    Moar pictures:

Spotter plane on the turret, guess they finally got around adding that to the game engine.

@DLRevan I'm not to familliar with RN BBs project, is 29knts that unlikely? Navypedia has Lion at 30knts.

- - - Updated - - -

More pictures incoming, I'll add them to the OP this time.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3776 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post

KGV at T7 :/ Wonder what Nelson will be.
    We have T7, 9 and 10. That would put Nelson at T8, but with 23knots (all BBs in her range are faster!) and badly sited secondaries, a giant combat tower doused in gasoline and bad 16 inch shells, the grind may be atrocious. Maybe that's why she has no Tier indication....

Rep
    Mentioned
    1089 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK I'm guessing T7 premium. Everything about Nelson screams T7, she would be completely outclassed at T8.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3776 Post(s)
    @Mobius
    Yes, and I would put the G3 battlecruisers at T8. That, or HMS Vanguard.

(And I hope HMS Dreadnought is T3)

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    @Mobius Mm...Nelson.......ugly as hell, but at least she won't need to move fast.

Navypedia probably states 30knts because there were multiple proposed designs for Lion by 1944, at least one of which reached 30knts. It's very unlikely that design could have been built, very much like how the German H42 and on-wards were technologically unfeasible. The origjnal 1938 design was also supposed to be able to reach 30knts, so maybe it is referring to that.

As a result its hard to pin down proper specs for final design, though most agree it would have been the B3 design. B3 was to have 29 knts and many of the B designs are iterations changing around the armament and hull configuration just to keep the 29knts. But the proposed speed was also based on comparisons with other modern battleships mounting 16" or 406mm guns (which means not Nelson or Rodney), which were later borne out to be inaccurate. The ship would probably have been slower, and closer to the original 38knts (at overload) of the 1942 design, what with the "B" series being based on 59,000ton displacement.

So actually WG's fact sheet is very curious. It states its a 1944 design (probably B3), yet it has displacement and power output closer to the 1942 design. Then length and hull size is that of the original 1938 design. The speed is of one of the 1944 designs, but there is what I said about the inaccurate studies made on the "B" series and the earlier 1942 design.

Even more curious is how with inferior power output and a massive displacement and hull, Conqueror only loses 0.2knts. The British must have designed some really incredible shaft machinery in 1949 according to WG.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Keyan_TTK I vote for Vanguard. Though she may need a gimmick, she comes up short against the other T8 BBs, even if she turns out to have blisteringly accurate guns.

Last edited by DLRevan; 06-05-2017 at 07:17 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I was looking at the Conq with some of my friends. She might be good if she has good agility and accuracy. Pity she's going to miss 32mm overmatch tho.