Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Hyoga Kai
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I'm more concerned about the retarded AA DPS I'm sure they'll give them than anything else, after all I droppped DD gameplay and only play CV and CA now, but now Mino and DM are a pain in the ass, I can't imagine having a BB that has more DPS than Montana on top of all of these.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    835 Post(s)
    Stupidly high AA is something I have just taken to be a given. It doesn't matter until the CV gameplay in this game is completely overhauled. I'm at that point of "Well, that's just how it is, it can't be helped".

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8275 Post(s)
    There's still a difference between "Ok we don't want to do anything with this class until we do a rework." and "Let's kneecap them at every single turn of chance and make it impossible to play at all."

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (7/31)

IGN
    Hyoga Kai
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Exactly, seems like every line that comes is an anti-CV line, not counting french cruisers that thankfully didn't come with retarded AA levels.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    835 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid I can understand that.

But while I am certainly on your side in saying CV's are in a poor place and every new ship seems to be anti-CV in some way, I wouldn't say it has yet reached the point where things are impossible, at least in the T8-10 bracket. I still have freaking Shokaku's and Taihou's making full drops against my Iowa and Montana, in fact one such occurrence happening in my last match before maint. Lets not even talk about the T10 CVs and their invulnerable and infinite planes. So much for manual AA. And the first guy to get taken out was a Minotaur. I'm not saying its easy, or that RNG doesn't play a part, but CVs tend to still be top dog at that bracket.

I'd be more concerned about the lower tiers. RJ vs KGV? Good luck.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Hyoga Kai
    Server
    Paramushir Docks
    Rep
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yes I'm on the same boat as you. The problem is the gameplay as it is right now is fristrating by both sides. While the CV gets entire squadrons shredded by an unseen 8km away minotaur, the lonely Iowa suffers 12 torpedoes and 15 dive bombers with no counterplay...

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8275 Post(s)
    I'm probably just biased, but as a former CV main who was really good with them, I've still never once had a good game with Shoukaku. If my planes even so much as approach a Bismarck or a Cruiser from *any* nation, they just vaporize before I can make the drop or turn around, and I'm not even going to bother mentioning NorCar.

It got to the point that before I gave up on Shoukaku in ridiculous frustration, legit the only thing I could do in games was pray for IJN BBs not named Yamato, or lower tier BBs to pick on and focus.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (7/31)

Rep
    Mentioned
    1001 Post(s)
    SEA group is saying that the low tier lineup has been decided:
    -Tier 3: Bellerophon (Dreadnought probably too famous to not be premium)
    -Tier 4: Orion
    -Tier 5: Iron Duke
    -Tier 6: Queen Elizabeth (no surprises there)

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    835 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid I don't know if anything changed, but I can't stop or cut plane count from any drop from Shokaku with NC or Iowa without an active fighter. Yes, NC, the AA queen. The most I can hope for is to cut a 4 bomber squad in half *if I'm lucky*, but getting two torp hits on NC is pretty easy. I'm referring to a period when I didn't have manual AA spec though.

Similarly, I don't find myself bleeding bombers unless I really stay longer than necessary over T8 BBs when I use Shokaku myself, and I'm a total CV potato, I probably don't have the most optimal approaches. Cruisers with active defensive fire are a different story, especially German (those large calibers doing work) and of course USN. And freaking Minotaur.

@Mobius The question is, how will Liz differ from War-san.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    @Mobius The question is, how will Liz differ from War-san.
    I think the answer is pretty obvious: apart from not having the tea storage room being part of the citadel, Ol'Lizzy will have more AA than Warspite. Of the five QE-class BB, Queen Elizabeth had the most extensive refit, which included replacing all her 6 inch casemate guns with 4.5 twin DP guns. Valiant and Warspite had most of that refit (the new bridge, a few 4.5 twin DP guns), and Barham and Malaya were almost untouched.