Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    @Mobius I think its just a sign of how badly skewed the perception of this ship line has become if everyone on the other side is becoming that annoyed.

It's really a "water is poisonous" sell, which isn't limited to flamu now, even if he started it.

And how I just really read that thread. So much focus on things that don't matter.....or don't matter the most at least.

I'm especially tickled by people commenting on the citadels and pointing at Alabama/Iowa/Montana citadel lowering as a further sign of the BB mafia. I never wanted any of these ships to get that in the first place, it was all community driven. Community schizophrenia.

Last edited by DLRevan; 08-18-2017 at 06:17 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    What downsides did You find?
    If You compare ConqTerror with Super BB Yamacrappa (feels Yama is the worst BB now, and Montana got the buff her citadel).
    - Better concealment.
    - Super heal!
    - 3 more gun: like the same caliber(-3mm) and can overmatch bow armor too.
    - Faster turret rotation.
    - Better air defense.
    - Better speed and manoverability.
    - Lower HP and Armor but with citadel imunity. (Feels more effective HP).
    - Bigger size? (don't have the exact length in meter).
    The Shells is slower and flight time is higher. Trajectory higher too. Aim maybe difficult, but can penetrate better from direction. Enemy turtleback can fail at shorter range than lower trajectory shells: Shells hit upper deck or side deck instead belt armor and different angle. NC has same feature, and pain when her shells hit the "right place".

Last edited by hidahos; 08-18-2017 at 06:16 PM.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    845 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hidahos View Post
    - 3 more gun: like the same caliber(-3mm) and can overmatch bow armor too.
    457mm doesn't overmatch any T8-10 BB bow armor according to the standard formula.

I'm not answering the rest.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    567 Post(s)
    I was watching both Notser and Flamu, both were talking about how the 457mm coincidentally just barely doesn't have the same LOLPEN ability of Yamato's 460mm rifles. As it stands, sheer power is still something Yamato has dominion of. If there is anything the RN BBs really push into someone's turf, it's USN BBs. High Tier USN BBs do not rely on the brawl so much as their German peers, but stealth lets them get around the fight more smoothly without getting detected from halfway across the map and shot at by everyone on the map. RN BB stealth takes that angle and run wildly with it, at least for Tier IX-X. Not sure if the Tier VIII RN one can do that.

Edit again:
    Regarding the AA of RN vs USN BBs, I'm not quite sold if RN ones are superior. The reason I think so is how the Upgrade Slots work for both lines. The RN BBs seem to have standard BB upgrade slot alignments, ASM1, AAGM2, etc. in Slot 2, MBM3, AAGM3 in Slot 3, etc. USN BBs however have the very attractive APRM2 (11% dispersion improvement) in Slot 3, Slot 2 has no ASM1 so USN BB players often slot AAGM2 in there. That is a big reason why USN BBs typically have practical, good AA in many builds. It is why even though some German BBs technically can be made fierce AA boats, that potential is never realized because it conflicts with the typical Secondaries Build that slots SBM2 in Slot 2.

RN BBs look to have decent AA but in practical builds, USN ones I think will be superior.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 08-19-2017 at 05:09 PM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3680 Post(s)
    HMS Nelson will be available to buy starting tomorrow on EU, for the meager price of 375K Free XP!

Rep
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Has any clue about XP and Silver bonus in HMS Nelson built in camo or the ship itself?
    Missoury has quite large bonus to XP&Silver too.