Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Summer event 2017 has started. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3680 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randgris View Post
    I was looking at the Conq with some of my friends. She might be good if she has good agility and accuracy. Pity she's going to miss 32mm overmatch tho.
    That's probably the RN BB's gimmick: tanky, accurate guns, but held back by bad characteristics ?

Rep
    Mentioned
    1012 Post(s)
    @DLRevan Glad to see I'm not the only one who hates Nelson's look. And thanks for the explanation regarding Lion.

@Keyan_TTK I vote for Vanguard. Though she may need a gimmick, she comes up short against the other T8 BBs, even if she turns out to have blisteringly accurate guns.
    Probably radar. Seems like that's what they give to high tier BBs incapable of mounting planes (Missouri & Conqueror so far)

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Rep
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK I've also heard some rumors about her having Radar. I hope not I really, really hope not. I just want a tier ten BB that doesn't drive like barge.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3680 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    @DLRevan Glad to see I'm not the only one who hates Nelson's look. And thanks for the explanation regarding Lion.

Probably radar. Seems like that's what they give to high tier BBs incapable of mounting planes (Missouri & Conqueror so far)
    Were you expecting the Brits to be able to design elegant ships ? That's the French's shtick!.

And technically Missouri was able to launch seaplanes, the hangar on on her aft. It was changed to an helipad later.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1012 Post(s)
    @Randgris Look at the screenshots at the bottom of the OP, it shows her with the radar consumable. Could still change during balancing though.

@Keyan_TTK IRL sure she could, but in the game she can't. It was the tradeoff for her getting radar.

Last edited by Mobius; 06-05-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

Rep
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    @Mobius Yeah, but I really hope they don't stick with that. We really don't need more BB's with Radar.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    843 Post(s)
    These ships, if they had radar, wouldn't be as good as Missouri. Missouri is capable of effective creeping with 3x2 guns forward and her narrow profile, making her hell for DDs to counter.

Even if they can keep these high speeds, their large hulls and 4x2 gun arrangement will be a liability. If they keep the same armor principles the non-paper ships have, radar effective range is almost the perfect range to slam them with either multiple normal or citadel hits. Which means they must decide between firepower and defense when using it. It's not quite the same as with KM BBs who have much longer duration sonar which also guards against torpedoes and secondaries filling in for main guns.

But radar proliferation in general....that's something I think the game could use less of. Not that smoke isn't still vastly over-proliferated, but reducing smoke should be the answer, not more radar.

I still think these ships will be good regardless if their trait is accurate guns. You can't go wrong with accurate guns, especially if they all follow after Warspite's 381mms. Lack of planes, lack of speed even, will be reasonable weaknesses.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yeah. I just don't want it to be a spiral of everything starting to get radar and defensive fire.

Rep
    Mentioned
    1012 Post(s)
    Considering that she only has 8 guns, doesn't have the same overmatch as Yamato, has no hydro and has no spotter plane, I don't think that giving her radar is "too much" honestly. To be honest, I don't think giving radar to a high tier BB or cruiser (Looking at you Henri) without spotter plane is "too much" unless said ship is already exceedingly powerful without it. Making her too "blind" will only lead to players being too afraid of pushing, and god knows there's already enough complaints about sniping BB players. Having some means of self defense (which is almost certainly how it's going to be used in Conqueror's case) isn't a bad thing.

Radar on DDs on the other hand...

Rep
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'm just worried about WG's typical slippery slope that they've done in WoT before with the same type of things.

But I'm probably thinking of the worst.