Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)

Operations Thread (PvE)

Thought it'd be nice to have a thread specifically for talk about the PvE scenarios, current and future.

Tips, tricks, experiences, and so on for the new PvE element of the game all go here.

That said, anyone try out Operation of the Week (Defense of Newport) yet? Sounds basically like tower defense.

[+] Spoiler

Last edited by Emerald Acid; 06-07-2017 at 09:47 PM.
    I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (9/12)

Rep
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Given it a few shots. Most games are losing games; teams don't coordinate, and that includes all the schmucks who have ranks in PvP. In the games that I've won, I'm always the last one alive, exploiting the base defenses and repair ship, and always in a DD or Cruiser. Meanwhile, I see the BBs rushing headlong and getting hit by the staggered fire torpedo walls from the IJN and KMS DDs and cruisers. Game will last about 25 minutes, but if you do well (complete secondary objectives, etc.), You'll earn upwards of 100,000 credits and 1500 exp on a tier 6 vessel. Payout is roughly equivalent to PvP, so I'm happy. They've really done this mode well, unlike warthunder's PvE mode. If they did something similar for World of Tanks, I'd likely start playing that again as well.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    Being highly objective based, even rankers who have fallen into certain winning patterns for PvP haven't figured out how to play this mode properly yet.

But it is fine. Without the team you can still complete a lot of objectives if one decides to play this more over PvP. As a PvE mode it is quite well done.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)
    I don't really care for getting the five-star premium day reward since I don't play enough and they'd go to waste, but I really want to get the four-star commander rewards for each.

That said, I'll basically be playing with randoms, so that's gonna be a pain. Maybe if I'm lucky, Kamikaze is OP enough to carry PvE too (or my expertise maining T6, mainly Ryuujou and Fubuki will help).

~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~

Rep
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    CVs make this thing go a lot more smoothly. I also want to add if you are bringing a CV, please bring a Tier VI one. The Tier V ones I see all the time lose their planes early, whereas Independence and RJ tend to contribute the whole fight. Please have a fighter as it will be immensely useful. There's no guarantee you'll have AA Cruisers to protect the team.

Cleveland is great for this Operation because of enemy airpower and how spammy and strong her guns are. The only annoying thing is of course how her shells behave at ranges past 10km.

Also, be wary on sailing well past the defensive line / G-Line because of subsequent enemy spawns. I've also had idiots like this Arizona set the team back by YOLO'ing into lots of ships. It really did not help that we lost one of our Clevelands in the first fucking wave in that same match. He got sunk by a damn Chikuma.

Also, if you need hull repair, go to the port and park near where the wrench icons are. You get a heal over time effect there.

If you're doing well enough early on, an NPC Lexington spawns at E10 and the optional objective is to ensure it gets to the base. Of vital importance is shortly after the Lexi spawns, 2 CAs spawn at C10 and immediately chase her. If you are not fast, the CV is quickly destroyed. A DD in that area to smoke for the CV going south helps but that is hard I think to predict at times because the previous enemy spawns could be to the west, meaning the team's ships are all that direction. The DD would be too far to help the NPC CV. On top of those 2 CAs spawning, there are still the regular spawns that pop up the same time around the map, near where the 3 surveillance points are.

If you are sailing past the G-Line to help the CV, be careful because on top of the 2 CAs to chase the CV, there will be a Cruiser and a BB from their spawn in B8. If you're not careful you'll get 4 ships shooting at you.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 06-08-2017 at 09:59 AM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

Rep
    Mentioned
    1064 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid According to Flamu, CV is the best class to carry games in this mode. Operation time should be waifu time for you.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Waiting for Tatsuta Kai Ni :<

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)
    @Mobius I had generally heard that Ryuu would be strong in the Operation, but is threatened by the sheer number of ships to kill, and that her plane reserves won't last.

Of my collection of multiple T6 ships, I've actually been told to use Molotov.

~

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    872 Post(s)
    I don't give two hoots what's good. I will always enjoy firing Fusou's 12 guns.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Lieutenant
    Server
    Brunei Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Better plan than me, I'll probably use Graf Spee, or kamikaze is suppose.

Rep
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid Any of the Tier VI CVs would be good to go. I see RJ & Independence hang through the entire fight all the time. But Zuiho and Bogue run out of planes early. They also cannot strafe to quickly put down threats and more precise manual drops for max damage. But RJ & Indy don't have that problem.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -