Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3736 Post(s)

The [HIME] Himeuta EU clan nearly cleaned house.
    10 point IJN commander getto, thanks to @WtBlaze who carried us with his Ryuujou.

I have played CV myself (Zuihou and Bogue, Strike and AS). You can do well enough, and if yu manage to save the Lexington, it's a very big help. It's a Strike Lex, but the amount of pain it can dish should be enough to get you four stars.
    That said, it can spawn on E10 or J5, and in the latter location it's easier to save her because the two cruisers (a Mogami and a Hipster) spawn behind an island they have to round to start firing. They get through a pass, making it even more easier for a CV to strike them and kill them.
    When Lexington spawns at E10, the cruisers are right behind at C10 and will start firing right away, and they're nearly point-blank range.

The AI ships vary their course and speed wildly, they're good at torpedobeating (unless you box them in with them between you and an island or the map border) and the main attack will spawn T7 ships and an Izumo.

I do think that a team having a good CV, one (or two) Cleveland for AA, one or two good BBs (Warspite, Arizona or Fusou) can carry the day. Pin the enemy fighters near a Cleveland, light the big ships on fire, save the Lexington, and the rest should be relatively smooth. However, having an enemy ship breach the perimeter, or giving the AI the Hiryuu, and it will be rough.

Another thing: seems the other operations are unlocked when you get a 4+Division. We (the [HIME]clan) should probably try that.

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)
    Well, certainly got a great start on my end. Having to play with randoms, the first three attempts at it have all been losses. Nobody can stop 3rd wave DDs from entering the base, and then Hiryuu just destroys my planes.

This 30 minute wait period is really stupid imo.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (9/12)

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK So far I find as long as people aim for the right targets, things go pretty smooth. Battleships kill cruisers, destroyers kill battleships, Cruisers kill destroyers. CV.....eh....kills everything. Battleships in particular never really have a problem till the main attack, having no real peers among the enemy wave. Izumo though....

Ryujou can pretty much handle air control on her own too. Rather than AA, Cleveland is invaluable for fast destroyer kills, which is sometimes a problem in the third pre-main attack wave. Budyonny is good too, but a little flimsy if you're trying to last through the main attack.

As a DD, its fairly easy to save the Lex.....IF your team is decent. Every game so far I've simply camped at the spawn point and smoked for the Lex, and usually I torp the Mogami. The problem is when your team can't handle the last wave, it always spawns opposite from the third wave so you have to get to the spawn point preemptively. If your team fails to kill the enemy ships before the time is up, Lex never spawns and you're immediately up against a Scharnhorst and two cruisers....

Got my 5 stars, but the profit is good for T5-6s, so I've still been playing.

Since I haven't seen anyone mention it don't forget that the repair ships don't just repair the base batteries, if you enter their area of influence, they can repair your ship too. WG gif Akashi plz

Last edited by DLRevan; 06-09-2017 at 04:58 AM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)
    Every game for me so far in a nutshell.

Every single game, we fail to spawn Lex because nobody else on the team can stop the third wave from breaching. And then once they get Hiryuu, game's over because f*ck all I can do with one Fighter squad and a million targets.

Always 1-2 allies dead by the 3rd wave.

- - - Updated - - -

So much "fun".

0 stars.

~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~

Lieutenant
    Server
    Brunei Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The enemy seems pretty reluctant to use main gun fire on the CVs from my experience with the clan last night at least. An interesting choice considering how normal play goes.

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)
    @WtBlaze They're lowest priority to the AI, it seems sure.

Doesn't matter when every ship and every installation is already dead and gone.

~

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1538 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK I should try that PVE thing. Around which time Hime clan play?

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    Since I haven't seen anyone mention it don't forget that the repair ships don't just repair the base batteries, if you enter their area of influence, they can repair your ship too. WG gif Akashi plz
    The repair speed is a bit slow though, and they don't leave the base premises. It's a nice help and better than nothing, but it also means your ship will be out of the fight for a few minutes (unless you're in firing range, but that usually means the main attack is closing in on the base and you'll be under fire soon-ish....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murrue View Post
    @Keyan_TTK I should try that PVE thing. Around which time Hime clan play?
    There's usually a few people playing in the afternoon, but last evening we were about 4, and WtBlaze's friends joined us.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK It is better than nothing. If you are on a fairly fast ship with weak defense, it can be a godsend, like Budyonny. Also if you can get both to repair you, it goes twice as fast.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)
    It works nice with Molotov at least because she hits super hard but is paper thin. Can get a double repair and still manage the range to attack oncomers before they can breach the perimeter.

Too bad I'm basically only ever the only defender on the third wave, and I can't stop everyone.

~