Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Yura K2 patch maintenance has started and will end around 7pm JST. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I tried 2x in random team. We won... 0- 1*. 1 ship survived the last wave. Don't have T6 CV and I tried with Bayern and Budonij later. Sinked both time in that round when T7 BB-s enter. (2-3 ship survived until).
    Not all ship can clear the tasks. Without CV is VERY hard. Fusos are weak in brawling distances&bombed to death form enemy CV (they melt fast) weaken defenders heavily. Bayern firepower is not too heavy but a secondary build can help. Budy is solid but can't tank in a front. Don't have Cleveland, and don't dare to try with Glasconiere(?).
    Somtimes can't hit the boots, they variable their speed more random, than a regular player, and I have some problem detecting enemy speed accurate at long range when the enemy charging to me (not broadsiding).

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    I'm surprised reading people having consistent problems completing. I only play with randoms and I fail maybe once out of 6 games. Or to be exact, I've played about 13 games so far, and failed 2.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    You either have good random teammates, or underestimate the multiple ways people can screw things up.

In my experience, it's usually a DD that manages to sneak through and breach the perimeter, even if he dies trying. When that happens, the main attack gets triggered early, you don't get the Lex and the enemy gets Hiryuu. that plsu the Scharnhorst that comes from the West really makes your team's frail defences crumble.

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8251 Post(s)
    For the record, I'm also counting anything less than a 4-star victory as a fail. I've only outfight been defeated thrice so far.

And this is just so... stupid. Ten and a half hours trying my hand at this, and every single time some bullshit ruins everything. I've gotten one star wins also either three or four times. Every other time has been a 0-star victory, which is no better than just suiciding as soon as the defense breaches.

I give up. I can't keep going at it like this. I need that free 10-star commander, but right now I'm so godsdamn upset my depression is seriously setting in hard, I feel like total shit, and I just want to punch somebody.

TEN. F*CKING. HOURS. I've done everything in my power to make things succeed, but apparently "Carry deadweight harder" is the only option I have, and I can't do everything by myself.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 95/99 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (5/1)

Rep
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Maybe we can use organised tactic instead of random zigzag as clan and form a team for the mission.

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    Eh ? What next, reading the manual ?
    You have some quaint ideas :^)

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Sometimes I enjoy that. If you save Lex and everything goes smoothly, honestly the main attack wave is a bit of a joke. The AI is the exact same AI as the regular co-op, it's pretty predictable, and the main wave is staggered enough that you don't have to take it all on at once.

When the defense line gets breached early, that's when it really gets interesting. You actually have to work really hard to win, what with Hiryuu at the back and no Lex. If everyone falls back nicely, you can also hold out for the reinforcements. It's actually more fun that way.

I know I can say that because I got my 5 stars early, so I don't have to think about the rewards. But sometimes, when I get 4 stars (usually the case).....I wish the last part was harder. This is PvE...other than the rewards I'd rather have fun than just win. I like winning but in this case it why not think about how to better enjoy the thing? PvP is stressful enough already.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Emerald Acid If you only see them as deadweight, that is all they will be no matter how well they do, and that is just going to make you even more upset. Even if you have to be better than them, you'd honestly be happier if you either saw your teammates as just having not learned enough yet and/or not treating a PvE mode with enough respect, or if you take it easy on the rewards.

That 10 pt commander is not worth your unhappiness, and it is certainly not worth seeing your random teammates as your enemies, because that is just going to make you feel like everyone is against you. Which they aren't, even if they are flaming the living shit out of you and each other (I assume they are).

I mean...you probably know that intellectually. But I think its worth saying.

Last edited by DLRevan; 06-09-2017 at 06:19 PM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    547 Post(s)
    It took me a bunch of tries to get a 4 star win and it was all solo-queuing. Then I got 2 4-star wins in a row. I'd imaging Divisioning with good players you know will make it much easier, especially if they are good with their CVs. But even then expect to have to carry a lot of dead weight, which is what most people are. Toss in some of the bad play you see in day-to-day Randoms with some of the really bad Co-op only guys, it gets awful. You have to carry that.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)

I guess that's the equivalent of Confederate for this mode....."Assistant" doesn't sound quite as cool though.

At 10% per ship, this is pretty easy to get with Budyonny or Cleveland I think.

Another 5 star run, as it happens.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Keyan_TTK
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    3646 Post(s)
    I got a sea star yesterday: