Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The 18th Oct Maint has ended. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      Visitor messaging is temporarily disabled.
Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK Ah yeah, I was thinking that one should have been "heroic individual" too. It's not necessarily a given even in a 5 star game, survival til the end. And you do need to get 5 stars too.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    @Keyan_TTK

Got that seastar too at our battle.

And today the one of DLRevan:

Just not sure if I should offer something to the rng goddess for giving me two times the same shell hits.

Last edited by Satoshi; 06-10-2017 at 10:56 PM.

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)
    Well, I am now a proud(?) owner of my own BattleCarrier.

...now the question is will I be able to actually succeed at this damn Operation in the next four days to get her a commander.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (9/12)

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)
    After two days and over 24 hours of actual gameplay committed to it, finally got a team that could actually handle their own, and got the 4-star reward finally.

Attributed to miraculous luck, too. Lexington is supposed to spawn over on the side opposite the final wave (or the same side as the first wave if the third wave goes mid), but this game she spawned right where the third wave ended, so our DD-less team (DD was dead from first wave) still managed to save Lex (she survived with legitimately 1.3k HP and some change) because we were already in firing range of Mogami/Hipper, and were able to draw their fire before the finished Lex. I ended up dying during the rescue, because I basically bodyblocked a Myoukou. Actually worth it, because as I said Lex survived with like literally one hit from HE left.

I love the Operations for what they are, by themselves. They're a fun mode, and a nice and challenging change of pace. Locking the major reward behind such a difficulty gate/teamwork gate is the main problem of the whole scenario idea, because if yu're like me and have to rely on randoms because no friends/clan to play with, it just gets frustratingly brutal. But if the major reward was easier to get (or not there in the first place), I would simply loved the mode right out.

...now I just hope the other three Operations aren't nearly as demanding of teamwork... Single player content/campaign when?

~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid Suspect they will be harder :D

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)
    @DLRevan Harder is fine. As long as it's hard by actual difficulty and not harder from "your team also has to be competent" fake difficulty.

~

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    @Emerald Acid I'd argue that "your team has to be competent" is a truer measure of difficulty for a team game.

Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Acid View Post
    After two days and over 24 hours of actual gameplay committed to it, finally got a team that could actually handle their own, and got the 4-star reward finally.

Attributed to miraculous luck, too. Lexington is supposed to spawn over on the side opposite the final wave (or the same side as the first wave if the third wave goes mid), but this game she spawned right where the third wave ended, so our DD-less team (DD was dead from first wave) still managed to save Lex (she survived with legitimately 1.3k HP and some change) because we were already in firing range of Mogami/Hipper, and were able to draw their fire before the finished Lex. I ended up dying during the rescue, because I basically bodyblocked a Myoukou. Actually worth it, because as I said Lex survived with like literally one hit from HE left.

I love the Operations for what they are, by themselves. They're a fun mode, and a nice and challenging change of pace. Locking the major reward behind such a difficulty gate/teamwork gate is the main problem of the whole scenario idea, because if yu're like me and have to rely on randoms because no friends/clan to play with, it just gets frustratingly brutal. But if the major reward was easier to get (or not there in the first place), I would simply loved the mode right out.

...now I just hope the other three Operations aren't nearly as demanding of teamwork... Single player content/campaign when?

Are you on NA server? PM me sometime and I can squad up with you if you like. I need a reason to play WoWS anyway.

Rep
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Played Aegis 4 times today. 3 of the 4 attempts were successful, the 3rd was a disaster. Only the 4th attempt was a complete success with all optionals! I used Perth which was actually quite good for this dealio. Using creeping smoke to be within 5-8km of enemy ships and ripping them apart with AP, with catapult fighters or teammates spotting for me. Of interest was the part where the CVs appear. I was in the NW and came around the islands. Hordes of planes spotted me and came for me but I anticipated that. I slowed, popped smoke and was attacking ships when a Bayern was spotting for me. During my time in smoke (I also had Smoke Gen Mod 1 to increase duration), tons of planes hovered over me but could not attack me. My AA was just roaring while we shelled the hell out of the CVs and my torps caught the Zuiho.

Also, EmeraldAcid was there with his waifu!
    [+] Spoiler

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8286 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher I was wondering what was going on in that back corner.

And yeah, compared to the base defense where even one dumb teammate could ruin everything, this one was... disproportionately easy.

That was my first run of the operation. My overall score wasn't great, because this operation is loaded with low-tier and/or fragile ships. By the time my planes were ready to go, a lot of things were already dead, and even more by the time they got there. So in total, I think I only got to make three attack runs (Ishizuchi, Myoukou, and Zuihou), and was making a move for a fourth when the operation ended. Hell, I didn't even get many shoot-downs because I didn't know where the enemy CVs spawned, and only had the one Fighter squad to fight against three before I could even try to engage bombers.

~