Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1132 Post(s)
    Also worth remembering that USN CVs have better DBs and better fighters than IJN CVs, which played a part in the removal of their double TB.

One thing that scares me about GZ's triple drop is how good it might be against DDs. They don't have great AA and considering how impactful DDs are in a game, using all three squads doesn't seem like overkill to me.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Watching Aerroon delete a Full HP BB at the beginning of a match with ONE TB attack run. I haven't seen even Kaga do that. Not even 12 TB Hakuryu, Taiho do that against the BBs they face.

"Haze Grey & Underway"
    - World of Warships Profile ; Warships.Today -

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1587 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.A.Mitscher View Post
    Watching Aerroon delete a Full HP BB at the beginning of a match with ONE TB attack run. I haven't seen even Kaga do that. Not even 12 TB Hakuryu, Taiho do that against the BBs they face.
    Plz, it's a stock bayern which turned on the wrong side to avoid the TB.... And even against a T6 stock BB, Aerroon still lose 3 TB...

Last edited by Murrue; 07-24-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Murrue LOL you're still deleting a FULL HP BB in ONE RUN! That's not "Fun and Engaging Mechanics" shortening that fight. This isn't some CV dropping a 60% HP BB. It was a Full HP BB. It was raw, alpha striking damage.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

IGN
    Murrue
    Server
    Hashirajima Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1587 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher We are talking about a 2 tiers lower BB which wrong manoeuvring makes him take as much torpedos as possible, so of course it should die from a 3 torpedo squads doing that.... Like it was said in the vid, that CV will do well against garbage retard players who don't pay attention at their surrounding, but poorly against competent players. It will just be labelled OP because most of the playerbase can only cry instead of reflecting and improving...

IGN
    Emerald Acid
    Server
    Rabaul Naval Base
    Rep
    Mentioned
    8306 Post(s)
    @M.A.Mitscher That's kind of expected when it's a double under-tiered BB. Yes, Zep's planes are tiered alongside the Bayern, but their T8 equivalent power comes in their number, so it's effectively still the same as a T8 CV nuking a T6 ship. Nobody would bat an eye if Shoukaku or Lex did the same to a bad turning Bayern, and 100-0 a BB isn't anything new. A Kongou who makes a bad turn against me can just as easily be 100-0 by my 1/2/2 Ryuujou as that Bayern was there.

I always pull my weight. I just happen to be made of helium.
    ~
    Ryuujou & Iku Anniversary 9/28/15 | Uranami Anniversary 3/1/17 | Fubuki Anniversary 4/24/17 | Akebono Anniversary 7/1/17 | Shimakaze Anniversary 5/4/16~
    Admiral Anniversary: 5/25 | I wrote a thing. Updated! (7/31)

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Midway's old TBs were tough, fast enough, had higher damage than their IJN counterparts, with a devastating drop pattern. 12 of these bombers in a wave of those could hardly be compared to so simply with even 3 or 4 squadrons of a different plane type, and USN has the far superior DB squadrons.

Anyway, Midway in most cases could not outright kill enemy battleships that Hakuryuu could not, generally T8 BBs (hey, thats also 2 tiers under.....), even with 12 TB. I would not say that was particularly a reason for their removal in the first place. Rather its their reliable ability to deliver 12 torps from carrier to target and pretty much drop them all on it.

Last edited by DLRevan; 07-26-2017 at 06:52 AM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Someone in a different forum I frequent asked what Graf's drop pattern looks like under Defensive Fire. The Aerroon vid Keyan put up in page 2 shows it at 11:20 as he sends his TBs against a Myoko. If you didn't want to watch, here's how it looks with 2/3 of the TBs dropping under the effects of DF.

Of course, the Myoko does s--t for shooting planes down as IJN AA sucks badly and on top of that, very few even improve it.

"Haze Grey & Underway"

Rep
    Mentioned
    1132 Post(s)
    So Graf is getting changed. New loadout is 2-0-3 (replacing the old one) and is getting German secondaries.

Sources:
    https://sea-group.org/?p=3080&lang=en
    https://sea-group.org/?p=3216&lang=en

Last edited by Mobius; 08-02-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Nagato 2015-03-22 / Mutsu 2015-03-22 / Hiei 2015-04-18 / Ooi 2015-05-30 / Musashi 2016-03-13 / Richelieu 2017-11-11 / Tatsuta 2018-01-18

Rep
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    @Mobius I was thinking they added a 2/0/3 to have as an option, giving the player the choice to go with that or the 2/3/0 but apparently I was wrong. Graf Zeppelin just instantly went from amazingly strong to amazingly weak. Probably because of all those complaints, "No Stuka Dive Bombers!" when anyone with time in CVs can tell you "15 torps in the water > Any number of RNG-fest bombs."

My desire for Graf just went to the shitters. The Wehraboos that knew nothing about CV mechanics just ensured her mediocrity.

Just wow

Edit: And LOL at the German Secondaries thing. If a CV is in a scenario where Secondaries are in play, they f--ked up. Not to mention reinforcing Secondaries to be of great use is a waste of captain points away from Carrier Air Group reinforcement.

Last edited by M.A.Mitscher; 08-02-2017 at 04:11 PM.

"Haze Grey & Underway"