Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      As a counter measurement to Ad spam, newly registered users are required to create a thread in the Introduction Forum before allowing to be able to reply and create threads.
      Please allow some time for posts to be approved. We thank you for your patience on this matter.
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5758 Post(s)

K2 of a certain masterpiece DD will be introduced in mid-May, and other news

Official announcement of yesterday's ninja fix of Ryuusei and Ryuusei kai. They also say they are preparing for next event.

Multiple k2, including Kaga k2, is under preparation. Among this, k2 of a certain masterpiece DD will be introduced in mid May if everything goes according to plan.

The sexiest bridge ever made.

IGN
    Danielosan
    Server
    Saiki Bay Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    @211303 Masterpiece DD? Any idea who that could be?

Death from above!

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5758 Post(s)
    @Danielosama No idea.

I bet it won't be Hatsuharu class though. Can't call a ship that would turnover when making a hard turn a masterpiece

Rep
    Mentioned
    2833 Post(s)
    My lack of knowledge deduction would be Shima given she's the only completedpinnacle of IJN's torp strat DD design.

Somehow googling 傑作駆逐艦 gave me Tokitsukaze as the first result lol.

Server
    Paramushir
    Rep
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    @ofi123
    I came to the same conclusion.

Last edited by Ink20; 05-01-2020 at 08:53 AM.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5758 Post(s)
    @ofi123 It's because a book about Tokitsukaze has the same word as the title.

Rep
    Mentioned
    2833 Post(s)
    @211303

Yeah, I got that when I ctrl F on the wiki page. Would be funny if the devs actually used that.

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5758 Post(s)

A new dd will be introduced next month if it is ready.

Given the hint of plant, this is probably going to be a Matsu class dd.

P.S. Her illustrator is a new artist for KC. He/she has a name of four Kanji characters and also another name in Hiragana.

He/she might draw another sub next year.

Last edited by 211303; 05-04-2020 at 10:47 AM.

IGN
    DLRevan
    Server
    Kanoya Airfield
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1087 Post(s)
    The late war US destroyers from Fletcher class on wards were sometimes referred to as "masterpiece" destroyers, but I very much doubt we'll have K2 for Fletcher class just yet.

The new artist seems to be one of the in-house artists who has been training for some time for a character CG debut. And I see konishi and shibafu has been very precise in training the newer artists on equipment drawing...given the detail on that rigging.

1944 can only mean Matsu class. Fuyutsuki sub class might have also be possible but KC doesn't recognize sub-classes as separate classes. TBH, it was actually my first thought, as the skirt is similar to the Akizuki class uniform, right down to the side-cut, and like Matsu class, Akizuki class and variants also only carry a single 4 tube torpedo launcher. That launcher is not mirrored on her other leg. Even the age seems a bit closer to Akizuki class....I always thought Matsu class would be like base/kai Asashio age given their size....

But well, the tree/plant hint. Certainly Matsu class.

Last edited by DLRevan; 05-04-2020 at 11:25 AM.
    Murakumo 17th June 2015
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Touch Fluffy Kumo

IGN
    Harold
    Server
    Lingga
    Rep
    Mentioned
    5758 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
    The late war US destroyers from Fletcher class on wards were sometimes referred to as "masterpiece" destroyers, but I very much doubt we'll have K2 for Fletcher class just yet.

The new artist seems to be one of the in-house artists who has been training for some time for a character CG debut. And I see konishi and shibafu has been very precise in training the newer artists on equipment drawing...given the detail on that rigging.

1944 can only mean Matsu class. Fuyutsuki sub class might have also be possible but KC doesn't recognize sub-classes as separate classes. TBH, it was actually my first thought, as the skirt is similar to the Akizuki class uniform, right down to the side-cut, and like Matsu class, Akizuki class and variants also only carry a single 4 tube torpedo launcher. That launcher is not mirrored on her other leg. Even the age seems a bit closer to Akizuki class....I always thought Matsu class would be like base/kai Asashio age given their size....

But well, the tree/plant hint. Certainly Matsu class.
    I would say this is an external, possibly big name, artist because:

1) Dev gave us hint of the artists' name to guess, which means this artist must have already debuted and is at least known in a certain extent.

2) The general tone and choice of word of the tweet is more similar to the tweets introducing jiji and zeco, comparing to those that introduce sara. It is also mentioned that this is an artist who participated in KC the first time, not drawing ship girl for the first time. That wouldn't be the case for inhouse artist as they would have been participated in drawing furniture and fairies already. As a matter of fact, Sara's introduction tweet describes her as drawing shipgirl for the first time as well.

Last edited by 211303; 05-04-2020 at 01:37 PM.