Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      The Yura K2 patch maintenance has ended. Check out the patch thread for more information and discussion.
Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Citizen

Rep
    Mentioned
    4523 Post(s)
    PAX is over and Cloud Imperium has released a press roundup of Star Citizen coverage.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...-Press-Roundup

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was just thinking this reminded me of Wing Commander IV, and now I know why... Looks fun

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kaigun Chusa (海軍中佐) KusoTeitoku's Avatar
    Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The prices seem a little high for me to be interested in this game. Also, Starbound getting Tiy'd sort of killed some interest, too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DON'T TAKE FUNDING FROM OUR NAVAL BASE! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

Rep
    Mentioned
    4523 Post(s)
    Star Citizen has just hit the $43m funding mark.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...man-43-Million

As a reward all backers get some Marine Combat armour. It's pretty amazing that they managed to raise this much money from fans alone. Some of the more insane ones have spent tens of thousands of dollars on this already.

$45m stretch goal also announced. An artefact that will lead you on a mystery around the galaxy.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After watching Captain Harlock, really tempted to put some money down on this

Rep
    Mentioned
    4523 Post(s)
    And today on SC news, a spotlight on the Pyro System.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...tic-Guide-Pyro

Ok so it wasn't posted today, I lied, but it's still interesting.

The Pyro System is the hub of pirates, smugglers and other ner'dowells in the SC universe. Also one of the first levels showcased in the game.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh god, it's been so long since I backed this in the initial phase that I forgot to keep up with it.

Has ship boarding been explained yet or is it still just a confirmed stretch goal?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep
    Mentioned
    4523 Post(s)
    Think it's still a stretch goal. Haven't heard much about that.

Rep
    Mentioned
    4523 Post(s)
    New update to the ship specs: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-specs

I've added it to the OP. That's the list of all ships in the game at the moment. The stats are up to date as of this post but can change as they do more balancing tests.

Rep
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lex View Post
    Oh god, it's been so long since I backed this in the initial phase that I forgot to keep up with it.

Has ship boarding been explained yet or is it still just a confirmed stretch goal?
    Sorry for the late reply, but ship boarding had been one of the things discussed while player character deaths were being covered. Essentially, it requires a ship to be disabled (Engines shot, generator destroyed, or power simply shut down) before the ship ship has to be maneuvered to dock airlocks. When boarding commences, a small arms battle with any remaining enemy crew members will commence, after which the boarded ship can be stolen or the cargo can be stolen.

Actually stealing the ship requires a repair team to bring the power back up, and docking the air locks requires quite a good amount of piloting skill.

Of course, my information is possibly outdated, as it was from earlier last year.