Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event Maint will start on 17th Nov. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      New Forum "Azur Lane" has been added to User Suggested Forums
Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

[MOD} Type 74 Electronic Observer

Disclaimer: Not my mod. Not my creation, not my modification. If someone wants to take this over, by all means :) This is to avoid cluttering up the KCV Thread with EO questions. If anyone can answer them, that is.
    I also reserve the right to be wrong and welcome correction

Type 74 Electronic Observer, aka EO, is another tool to play Kancolle with. It's self-contained, so no need to use Chrome. It can set region cookies, or be setup to Internet Explorer's setting to using a proxy i.e. vpn

The original is by Andanteyk, and maintained/updated regularly [download website]
    The chinese version is also kept very current [download website]
    The english....

The Original English was by RyuuKitsune, but stopped updating a while ago.
    Silfumus forked a version from that, and is the most current version of EO in english, although still a version behind. [download website]

Advantages include:
    • Can avoid Chrome and can do the cookies for you
    • Fully Customisable window layouts (easily-drag'n'drop and stretch) and colour schemes (limited knowledge required).
    • Easily keep track of construction queues, repair docks, expeditions, and the various fleet status (equipment, damage/morale/supply, xp, tnl)
    • Great quest tracking, especially for fun things like Operation A-Go i.e. BW1
    • Built-in library for ship stats, upgrade levels, and equipments they get, as well as what they mod-fodder or scap as
    • Built-in library for equipment, including what ships they come from, and who of your ships has them, and at what upgrade
    • Detailed logging of development, construction, battles
    • Generate custom Views of your fleet e.g. All heartlocked ships above Kai that could use modernisation, all cruisers with delusions of battleship-hood, etc
    • Export ship lists and equipment in CSV for use in spreadsheets
    • Knowing where the compass will spin when spun (so cheater mccheater can refresh, rest of us just groan in dismay)
    • Information of next battle node (based on what you previously encountered - it learns)
    • Information how the battle will go (once you locked in your formation. No cheating! Just a quicker alt-tab while it plays out)
    • Can change the music without a jukebox

Disadvantages
    • English trails Japanese version
    • Translation isn't complete in spots
    • Documentation doesn't
    • Logs are not compatible with KC3, so no Battle Reply links for you
    • CSV output isn't human pretty like KC3 output, unfun when posting questions to forums
    • Morals tested whenever you know next click will be wrong node and plenty of repairs

Screenshot of Andanteyk Original Type 74 EO

Screenshot of Silfumus Branch

- - - Updated - - -
    @goesto11
    • The color.json issue is a partial implementation of something from RyuuKitsune's branch, that for some reason isn't in the menu in the Silfumus version. The solution though is rather simple: In /settings, Rename ColorScheme.Dark.json to ColorScheme.json
      There is a 'theme name' in the json files, and a theme ID in the config, but attempts to change the ID get reverted, so not entirely sure it's implemented if at all. Was in all in a Try/Catch block in Ryuu's version.
    • Value of 'holo rarity planes' would be, I suppose, if you had plenty of planes, plenty of carriers, and no idea where they all are. That said, the equipment list will show you just as well, so not that much greater convenience?
    • 'waiting to dock' has the requirements of: Is not docked, Does need dock, and is heartlocked. Your level 1 fodder probably doesn't qualify. Kuso Teitoku, love your girls more!
    • To change your main fleet to all heartlocks, instead of 'only if remodel' also, when you have that view up, rightclick in the body of that view, and 'filter settings'

Select the second 'rule' on the right, then click the delete button on the lower right. Or simply uncheck it if you rather play it safe. When done, hit 'ok'
    • To add a new view, (or group), simply right-click along the tabs at the top and select 'Create new group'. Or, you could use a tab you wish to appropriate, and choose to copy it instead. That way you can just tweak the existing rules for your proposed Battleship group.
    • To change font heights, under the File menu, pick Settings. Then in the UI tab, change your main and secondary font types and sizes. If your font is too big, you might need to go to the Windows tab in that same Settings, and change each field's width for names and such (again, in pixels).
    • The compass, node, exp viewer, etc, that by default appear tabbed in the main window, can be dragged OUT of the main window, and docked wherever you so wish.
    • For the size value for the compass, I left it at 4, but allowed it to be scrollable: if a situation occurs where there are more than 4 possible fleets, I can just scroll to it. That said, if a node has that many composition, I'm probably more alert to what it has than if I were just mindlessly working a normal map.
    • Remember to save your layout if/when you actually find a layout you're comfortable with. ShipGroups.xml in settings, and color.json are about the only place else I'd backup, if you were to start fiddling with them

Think that got what you were wanting?

1 out of 0 members found this post helpful.
    Last edited by Ferreae; 07-27-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    @Ferreae: Thanks. Really helped, incl. the instructions/filter TL. Short version = getting it worked out, but still a ways to go and probably more questions in the future as I play around with things.

Longer version
    [+] Spoiler

Re. Groups & filters: I've sort of got the idea of how the filter works. Would very much help if I could read Japanese with all the menu items. I did managed to figure out how to add a heartlock filter (it's on the stock CV(L/B) group, but I did about 1/2 new groups with that as copied template, and the other 1/2 using the stock SS(V) group. Had to figure out how to add it to the latter). Not sure if the filter order matters with that or not (See spoiler below).
    [+] Spoiler

Default CV(L/B) filter

CA(V) filter I created)

So the heartlock filter works, but one feature I used a lot with KCV was the "only level 2 ships and up" filter. Not sure how to add that. :/ Any ideas? There's probably some level filter for that, but see above about unable to read kanji. Anyway, definite progress made on the groups. Got all ship-classes done, but certainly some tweaking left given all the info options. At least now I think I can get things to work well enough for my purposes. FWIW, I deleted the "rare" aircraft and "axis" ship groups. Just not all that useful for me (got equipment page for the former and don't care about a separate group for the latter). Frees up some tab space for other groups.

Re. ColorScheme: What confuses me is where is the default color scheme (json file or other)? That info has to be somewhere. Understand I can rename the "dark" color scheme (or the "example" scheme), but what if I want to keep the default color scheme (may or may not) yet want to get rid of the awful pink highlight for MVP and such? Can't figure out how to do that/where the default color scheme file is to do that. I did see the theme ID in the configuration file in the settings folder, but no idea what, if anything I should do there. Right now, as I understand things, my options are either (A) deal with the default color scheme as is - no tweaking, or (B) use one of the 3 (two really since the "solaraized" doesn't seem finished) ColorScheme json files. Rename either one to ColorScheme.json and I can tweak from there.

Re. Fonts: Font size I can change (though kept the font type in case changing screws up some kanji stuff. FYI - enabled smooth color change on bar as well). For some titles/headings, I can change width (e.g. groups, and I did see the "fix ship name width box with a pixel size option in the windows tab). Problem is that there's no global way to change width and no ability to change height in any case that I've seen. Net result is that I can make the text larger, but gets cut off and that's irritating for me visually. I increased the size slightly, but that's all I can do. So not sure if there's a way to change height/width elsewhere in the program. Frankly, it goes beyond that. For example, woudn't mind the battle or compass info a bit larger (and not names less cut off for compass). Same goes for some other more advanced customizing. My guess is that would require digging into the program a lot more and programming skills/software I don't have. Still, do wonder what one can customize here. Seems quite a bit.

Re. Layout: I have dragged windows out and played around with it. Right now it's pretty simple. Browser on its own with the rest of the stuff in another window underneath (ala KCV). For me (personal preference), I like to have my KC stuff on one side (about 1/2) of the screen and then have whatever on the other side. With KCV, that's where I have the ship & equipment lists popup. Often have Firefox open as well on the other side. You get the idea. So while I get the reasoning beyond your layout and it looks nice, it doesn't really work for what I want. That being said, there probably are some tweaks I can do with the bottom half. Just have to play round with it.

Other: Yeah, I'll just leave the compass at 4. Enabled scrolling on that and other stuff. For me, the possible enemy comps only factor in when figuring out fleet comp & load out. After that, what I get is what I get. No control over it. Info I want is really the stuff at the top which is why I like how KCV battle info integrates that (mostly). And yes, back up files as you suggest.

Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @goesto11

Heartlocking Ships over level 2
    [+] Spoiler

1- The obvious 'open ship groups', then 'rightclick to add a new group' unless you want to edit an existing group
    2- On the left side click to add a new rule
    3- With that rule added, on the right click to 'add' (left button), select レベル (level), 1 (I know, I have 2 in the image, shhh), and より大きな (greater than), then 'overwrite' (middle button)

Colour Schemes:
    [+] Spoiler

The references to the colour scheme are in the configuration.cs (not in the download):

[+] Spoiler
    Code:
    		// 读取配色主题 ( 默认值待编辑 )
    			dynamic json = DynamicJson.Parse(@"[{""name"":""VS2012Light""}]");
    			//if (File.Exists(@"Settings\ColorScheme.json")) {
    			try {
    				string s = String.Empty;
    				StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
    				// 读取配色文件
    				using (StreamReader sr = File.OpenText(@"Settings\ColorScheme.json")) {
    					while ((s = sr.ReadLine()) != null) {
    						// 干掉注释,因为 DynamicJson 不支持注释
    						s = Regex.Replace(s, @"\/\/.*?$", string.Empty);
    						if (!String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(s)) sb.Append(s);
    					}
    				}
    				json = DynamicJson.Parse(sb.ToString());
    			} catch (FileNotFoundException) {
    				Logger.Add(2, @"Settings\ColorScheme.json not found.");
    			} catch {
    				Logger.Add(2, @"Failed to load Settings\ColorScheme.json.");
    			}
    			int themeId = Config.UI.ThemeID;
    			if (!json.IsDefined(themeId)) {
    				themeId = Config.UI.ThemeID = 0;
    				Logger.Add(2, "The specified ThemeID does not exist.");
    			}
    			ThemeStyle = json[themeId];

So if I'm parsing it right, you could set themeID by including the extra themes IN the json file, with their own ID, then setting the themeid in the configuration.xml file in /settings with the appropriate ID. If the expected ID is found then it should use it, instead of overwritting. That all said, I'd suggest just backup the original scheme, copy the dark one over (or whatever you so prefer), then tweak that until happy.

Layout
    [+] Spoiler
    Eh hehehehe, I kinda have 5 pale moon open with about 80 tabs in each, a few IE tabs, and at least six other programs open. I've given up on (extended 3 screens) screen real estate and learned to just alt-tab..a lot. But as shown in original layout, you can have tabs in the windows (cue: 'i heard you like tabs in your tabs' meme) and just find what works for you.

I'll look and see if I can find where it sets the height for the rows, I see what you mean about truncated text if you go above a certain size

EDIT: Ugh. While it seems you can set the width using the configuration.xml (or just using the settings in the program), the HEIGHT seems hardcoded from the /Window/formname.cs file
    e.g.
    Code:
    ShipName.MaximumSize = new Size( 60, 20 );
    then later:
    Code:
    var config = Utility.Configuration.Config.FormArsenal;

ShipName.Font = parent.Font;
    				CompletionTime.Font = parent.Font;
    				CompletionTime.BackColor = Color.Transparent;
    				ShipName.ForeColor = CompletionTime.ForeColor = Utility.Configuration.Config.UI.ForeColor;
    				ShipName.MaximumSize = new Size( config.MaxShipNameWidth, ShipName.MaximumSize.Height ););
    Could probably change Shipname.MaximumSize.Height to config.MaxShipNameHeight, then add entries in the configuration file, but now we're forking our own version of EO :P Might as well start putting fields in the settings window for it as well while at it ..

Last edited by Ferreae; 07-28-2017 at 04:21 AM.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    Thanks again. I got the >lvl 1 filter added, but I had to use "and and" per spoiler below to get it to work (tested it)

[+] Spoiler

As for the ColorScheme, I have no idea where that .cs file is. At this point I think my only viable options are either stick with default as is, or use the dark (maybe example) colorschemes by renaming one of them and then try to tweak from there.

As for the layout, I don't Alt-tab all that much, but there is that. Maybe just being so used to KCV, but I do like always having the browser game window open, then all the other stuff somewhere else. Again, I would like more features (more info/tools, some extra existing stuff TL'd (which is part of the extra info), etc.) with KCV, but the base program, GUI, layout, etc. work well for me as is. So I'm sort of using that KCV's layout as a base and then tweak from there. There is wasted space right now with, for example, just having small compass screen open under the browser window then tab to battle after that. I also may move the group stuff to the other side of the screen. Just have to play around with it and see what I can do (and back up a lot LOL).

Still, a lot better then where I was with this a couple of days ago. Progress is progress.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Oh the cs files you won't have. They are up in the github repository. I just read through them to find what is calling/referencing what.
    You'd need to fork it yourself, make the changes and... compile it I suppose? To get what you want.

Something like having it change the height SHOULD actually be really really simple change to implement. For extra credit, getting it put into the window for settings shouldn't be hard either...but then at that point, why not work from the original...and congrats, now you're maintaining your own fork and have no time to play yourself =P

Amusingly enough, the newest original also does not reference height as other than fixed. Does everyone play with small font? Seems inconsiderate of those with huge screens or bad eyes.

---

BTW that bottom left window with the text? Click it, and it should make more sense.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    @Ferreae: In that case it's getting beyond my meager skills. NOT one who's going to do their own build/at that level. I'll play around with the "dark" colorscheme and see how it goes or just stick with default. Shame that the default color scheme isn't included though... Be nice to easily (relatively speaking) tweak that (among other things). Oh well.

Agree about the small font. I play on PC with a large monitor (and small dot pitch) so the text is pretty damn small. It's free so can't really complain, but some larger font (but not too much larger) option would be nice if not too much work.

Lastly, I did see that if you click on the text it changes to English. Helps.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    @Ferreae: FYI - using the dark color scheme now, and overall I do like it better (fairly similar to KCV). Thing is though, that some of the small numbers/letters (e.g. when you go to Fleet#1 tab, the "lv", "next", hp numbers, etc.) are hard to read. Same goes for other screens (compass/battle/LBAS slot size numbers & plane rank symbols ("|||" is dark/hard to see)). Any way to make those a little brighter? Also for compass, any way to increase width for the abyssal ships names? They are cut quite short. Like to make that longer, but not sure if one can do that or not.

Thanks for the help.

{Edit]. REALLY want to change the text for the small repair timer for the fleet screens. It's a very dark blue which is almost invisible. Very hard to see. like to change that to white if possible.

[Edit #2]. First I changed the "equipment level" to something lighter & easier to read with the dark background (#009b96 if you're curious). That helped, but don't think it affects the plane rank "I", "II" or "III" colors. Did some PVP, and new issue for me here. You can see in the image below, that the opponent ship names are in black = very hard to read.

Not the biggest issue, but I do find it annoying. :/ When I sortie on a map, the Abyssal ship names are in white so not sure what's going on.. O.o. I tried to find where PVP ship names might be in the ColorScheme file, but didn't see them. Do you know how to make the PVP opponent ship names in white?

Thanks again.

Last edited by goesto11; 08-06-2017 at 07:16 AM.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @goesto11
    Hm . Changing the value for equipmentLevel in the ColorScheme.json didn't create an issue after PvP for me, although only had one left so have to wait to test until later. It did effect the upgrade levels displayed on equipment (I went with #FF66FF for irl pun reasons, nicely visible though). Unless you mean PVP is normally like that and it's a second topic?

Changing the colour for FULL plane slots is changing "foreground2" under panel colours. Be advised it will also change a lot of things like full hp value (but not current), the minitext for exp to next level and such. It only changes plane slot colour, and only if full.
    Damaged planes refer to the red and magenta colours declared earlier, while non-plane slots are hardcoded to #aaaaaa . As is the size of the font (10pt). ShipStatusEquipment.cs under ShipStatusEquipment()

If wondering why making these 'notes', actually having decent success tweaking the source and recompiling. So far found it simpler to just use a hard definition, rather than chase where things are referencing and then what else references it. Might look into just adding more colours to the json and have them called up by...eh, "might look at just adding to config file to allow more individual customisation". Of course you'd then either need to do it youself (if it works, no problem sharing the steps), or trust an exe from someones on the intarweb ;p

Anyways, this is what I have it at atm:

Can understand why they didn't go with a 'simple' height setting in a config file: it clips/overlaps and otherwise plays havoc with a lot of spots if not just 'right'.

Next step... size and size of space~

>_> on the plus side, resources for the event are stockpiling while distracted with this? No orel today~

--UPDATE--

End result of playing around with FormFleet.cs, Configuration.cs and ShipStatusEquipment.cs
    Font can go as high as 25px before clipping, but you'll run out of horizontal space long before then. This is just using 15x. Makes sense that they didn't go with a variable height set in a config file: it too easily clips/overlaps/breaks things all over if isn't set 'just right'.

UPDATE 2

*snicker* Found your pvp issue. If i'm reading it right...hehe. Every ship for abyssal uses that Compass.ShipNameColor in the json.
    ... but for some reason, there is a line that is basically "If it is not an abyssal ship, use the a colour from the user's windows theme'

The tweak would be to comment it out in ShipDataMaster.cs and either force it to return a color (lazy, easy~) , co-opt an existing defined colour (easy, more useful), or make a new defined setting to find in the config (arglebargle). e.g.
    [+] Spoiler
    Code:
    		public Color GetShipNameColor() {

if ( !IsAbyssalShip ) {
    				// return SystemColors.ControlText;  <--original to comment out

//Co-opt panel foreground colour, maybe				
                                    //return Utility.Configuration.Config.UI.ForeColor

// Force a return of an off-white colour
                                       return Color.FromArgb(0xee, 0xee, 0xee);
    			}

Last edited by Ferreae; 08-06-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    @Ferreae: Sorry, I wasn't clear on the PVP opponent ship names. Yes, that's a separate issue - one with the default "dark" colorscheme. I verified that using an unedited version (just rename to "colorscheme.json". Still got this.

It's not a huge deal, but I would like to change the text from black to white like it is for player and abyssal ship names. Seems like you found the cause, but can't say I fully understand the code (sorry). My guess is that given the default color scheme, default/black works just fine so that line is left, but perhaps not the best coding(?). Also, I looked for cs files, but didn't find any when I checked into what you wrote about the fonts (which I assume are different than what you can change with the settings->UI main & secondary fonts). So... not sure how I would fix on my end.

Good call on using a purple/violet type color. Went with something a bit less bright (#C846C8). Looks pretty good & easy to read IMO though it's not clear when you have improved & ranked planes given the layout.

Thanks for the explanation about how "foreground2" works. Have a little better idea of how the colorscheme file works. I just lightened the grey color, but kind of like that med-dark gold color in your example, What's the color code for that?

Per above, didn't find FormFleet.cs, Configuration.cs and ShipStatusEquipment.cs files. I thought your example of 15px looked good. Even if it's not a big difference, as long as there are no issues (and clipping can be one), as long as it's a bit larger/easier to read, I'll take it. Problem is the how to do that part. :/

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @goesto11 That's precisely it. The original is white without ability to have themes. Ryuu introduced themes... but it's inconsistent in parts.

*facepalm* didn't even think about upgraded planes..that's a lot to be in one spot. I should see what it looks like (I've only one plane, a lousy 21 fighter, that is upgraded - hadn't realised the medal requirement or such for one quest so started the process before realising).
    ..okay. Ugly. Don't think you'll be able to have them all coexist in that little area. Best option would be to go into the settings->windows->fleet and select 'Prioritise ____' for either Proficiency or Upgrade, whichever you prefer.

The code bit is actually really really ..simple? At least the tweaks we are after

Step 0: Install Visual Studio Community version (free), with the .NET workspace and the C# plugin
    Step 1: download the EO source files from git hub and put in its own directory
    Step 1b: You also need to grab SwfExtractor and DockPanelSuit source files and put in their directory - when you did step 1 it made the directories, but they are empty. You can get to them from the source file page for EO though..it's just a link

Step 2: open the SLN file (project) for EO in VSC
    Step 3: tinker

Step 4: 'Build EO' (assume built fine...you're tweaking values, not adding actual code so shouldn't error here)
    Step 5: Copy your new EO exe to your actual EO install (backup original first)
    Step 6: Run EO, see what broke, see what went funny, see what worked. C
    Step 6b: Close EO

Step 7: return to Step 3 until happy.

It might look intimidating, as there are a lot of files and function calls and such, but really it's chasing down what is called from where, back to where it's first defined...and then changing it to suit. And if it screws up? Revert.

This is the spot I was talking about in the PVP tweak: As you can see, it's really only 4 files where doing all the changes to. For now =P
    [+] Spoiler

Now, alternatively? I could upload the exe I have working somewhere, you could put it through a virus check etc, and trust I'm not trying to steal your account *shrug*
    That said, no clue yet how combined fleets will look, or the airbase... as I don't have the World 6 Base (I accidentally into World 6 by running subs in world 5 too much), and no combined outside event.
    Also long names clip, but I have that more cluttered layout you don't care for or such. Less 'windows' would let larger panel sizes and so longer names (which you can set in settings. no code required :P ) Still a work in progress~