Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
  • News & Announcements
      Fall event Maint will start on 17th Nov. Check thread for more information and discussion.
      New Forum "Azur Lane" has been added to User Suggested Forums
Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    @Ferreae: Thanks. Tweaking the code though... May (probably) give it a shot post event since that's close. Don't want to screw up anything right now. XD.

A thought here. I'm not on GitHub (registered), but perhaps "Plan B" might be a better way to go for the PVP black name text issue. Put in an issue request to andanteyk (assuming one is fluent in Japanese) to remove/change that one line/whatever needs to be done. That way it's a fix for all themes, not just the dark theme. NOTE: I am assuming silfumus doesn't tweak that part of the original program. If silfumus does, then I guess an issue request to silfumus, but not sure to what degree silfumus is still working on EO.

Apart from that, there is the allure of trying out some other changes given my personal layout preference (and it's just that - I'm sure some prefer your setup) via Visual Studio though I'd have no real idea of what I'm doing. XD

[edit/addition] Yeah, the overlay for improved & ranked planes is hard to read. Probably best to pick one or the other with that.

Forgot this as well (separate issue). One thing I mentioned before about the color for the plane ranks "I" to "III" is that they appeared dark/hard to read with the dark theme. Whats' odd is that I pulled the plane rank PNGs from the asset zip file "level folder. Those images are brighter than what I get with the dark theme. O.o. In fact, they should be fine with the dark theme. O.o. not sure what's going on here. I'd think the dark theme would still use those images, but maybe not? Even if it does, I should be able to make my own and replace the default ones - right?

Last edited by goesto11; 08-06-2017 at 10:43 PM.
    Thanks to Arkayda for the signature.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Okay..updates on the quest bit. I made a silly assumption and was wrong~

First, the ID isn't random, it's in the API....which is where the fun begins. Maybe.

Listening to the API ( Settings-> Network ->Save received data ->[*] Responses ) will spit out files of ...ugly. But of relevance, here is the Fumizuki Kai Ni quest for Formation:

[+] Spoiler
    [{"api_no":184,"api_category":1,"api_type":4,"api_s tate":1,"api_title":"\u7cbe\u92ed\u300c\u7b2c\u4e8 c\u4e8c\u99c6\u9010\u968a\u300d\u3092\u518d\u7de8\ u6210\u305b\u3088\uff01","api_detail":"\u7de8\u621 0\u4efb\u52d9\uff1a\u300c\u6587\u6708\u6539\u4e8c\ u300d\u300c\u7690\u6708\u6539\u4e8c\u300d\u300c\u6 c34\u7121\u6708\u6539\u300d\u300c\u9577\u6708\u653 9\u300d\u306e\u7cbe\u5f37\u99c6\u9010\u82664\u96bb \u306e\u7de8\u6210\u306b\u3088\u308b<br>\u7cbe\u92 ed\u7b2c\u4e8c\u4e8c\u99c6\u9010\u968a\u3092\u518d \u7de8\u6210\u305b\u3088\uff01","api_get_material" :[220,0,220,0],"api_bonus_flag":1,"api_progress_flag":0,"api_inv alid_flag":0},

Things to note:
    -The number for the quest is assigned
    -Unicode is UGLY [So use a convertor ]
    -Sneaky sneaks sneak html in the api... which a)mismatches if ignored, b)is fun to break xml if you just koppipasta
    -Reinitialising the quest field will not make EO relook at the translation file. It's back to the reloading.

So to put a new quest (e.g. Fumi k2)... append to the end of /Translations/Quest.xml

[+] Spoiler
    Code:
      <Quest>
        <ID>184</ID>
        <JP-Name>精鋭「第二二駆逐隊」を再編成せよ!</JP-Name>
        <TR-Name>A79: Reorganize the Elite 22th Destroyer Squadron!</TR-Name>
        <JP-Detail>編成任務:「文月改二」「皐月改二」「水無月改」「長月改」の精強駆逐艦4隻の編成による&lt;br&gt;精鋭第二二駆逐隊を再編成せよ!</JP-Detail>
        <TR-Detail>Have Fumizuki Kai Ni, Satsuki Kai Ni, Minazuki Kai and Nagatsuki Kai in your first fleet </TR-Detail>
      </Quest>

Just make sure to stay inside the final </Quests> tag.

It's a kinda magic~~

----

Plane rank if I remember, isn't actually a png, but text. It's pulling off the plane high/low colour from the colorscheme... ...which doesn't call them that. Ugh. Think it's in ShipStatusEquipment.cs ...
    Yeah
    [+] Spoiler
    Code:
    							string leveltext;
    						Color levelcol;

if ( slot.AircraftLevel <= 3 )
    							levelcol = AircraftLevelColorLow;
    						else
    							levelcol = AircraftLevelColorHigh;
    					if ( ShowAircraftLevelByNumber ) {
    							leveltext = slot.AircraftLevel.ToString();
    						} else {
    							switch ( slot.AircraftLevel ) {
    								case 1: leveltext = "|"; break;
    								case 2: leveltext = "||"; break;
    								case 3: leveltext = "|||"; break;
    								case 4: leveltext = "/"; break;
    								case 5: leveltext = "//"; break;
    								case 6: leveltext = "///"; break;
    								case 7: leveltext = ">>"; break;
    								default: leveltext = "x"; break;
    							}

And nope, they are hard coded. Low is: 102, 153, 238 (#6699EE in hex), with High set to 255, 170, 0 (#FFAA00)

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    @Ferreae: Interesting. Never knew how to get API calls. Seems I can do that with EO (I guess one can with KC3 Kai as well?). I did correctly guess the ID # (184) and could do the rest using KC Wiki/Wikia except for the JP detail part. Seems EO wants that (KCV didn't care - worked without JP Detail). I'll play around with this, but there still is the issue of parcing out the kanji text. Using the convert (cut & paste what you posted - see spoiler). I guess ignore the /u### type stuff (keep &lt;br&gt;)? I can wait for EO TL, but some times I do like to go ahead and add stuff. Been doing that with KCV.
    [+] Spoiler

As for the plane rank, make sense given the difference, but then I wonder what those PNGs are used for. *shrugs* I guess some other screen(s). If it's hard coded, then that's that. Just have to look carefully or just keep my plane ranks at / or better. ;) Oh, I could switch to numbers for plane rank, but I thought that might be confusing with the improvement level numbers. I'll give that a try.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @goesto11 The reason on the &lt; and such is a < is interpreted by several script languages as the start of a tag. *impish* early web homepages was rife with people trying to use < and having sections disappear. &lt; just means "special symbol coming.. it's a less-than sign". Weird that what you had kept some of the unicode in the output. I did a simple cut and paste in mine (as the stupid window kept closing when tried to type it, and several forums had the names of the ship backwards it turned out, so were rejected...plus sneaksy br tag)
    [+] Spoiler

The way EO though compares what to change though seems a direct string comparison and if they are off (e.g. you left that out) it won't consider it a match to what the API response was, so brushes the translation aside and returns the response as is. API was definitely best route. Just remember to turn off logging before the directory swells up with unneeded stuff.

I can't speak for KV3 or such, as I really only ever have used the android apk, and EO.... part of why my 'help with bp' thing is a handmade mess ;p

---
    As to the icon, not sure. I can see it being defined, but not being referenced. It's in an area where all the pngs are defined though, so might been out of completeness, or for future plans, or a plan rejected.

Random neat: If you set it to prioritise proficiency over upgrade in Fleet Window, if you then mouse-over the proficiency, it will toggle to show the upgrade.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    @Ferreae: I have NO idea why I'm not getting what you got with the convert app. Much better if I did. :< I tried it again - cut & paste what you wrote and got the same thing with some of the unicode remaining. Didn't alter the conversions program default settings or anything. If you got any ideas, let me know.

Seems KCV is a bit more forgiving (no exact match required for all parts). Right, now I can get by with things as they are, but I'll give this a try just for fun. Thanks for the tip about the logging. Wouldn't have known that (definitely added to my notes).

As for the PNGs, your guess is better than mine. I figured the program would use them since they are there after all, but I guess not?

Lastly, I'll go with proficiency/rank over improvement for planes (and I did see the tool tip, pop up window info) since I'd like to know if my planes are losing rank a lot (and they will :/ Get ready for that this event).

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @goesto11 for some reason, you have extraneous spaces in the text you copied. You can see it in a few of the unicode characters: three digits, space, final digit. That is choking the parser. It's clearest to read at the end with the 'Inv alid_flag". Now WHY you have those spaces, I can't claim to know. Cleaning those up might be a bit tedious, but should fix the problem.

As for proficiencies, I tweaked the lowlevel by 20% to

[+] Spoiler
    Code:
    private Color _aircraftLevelColorLow;
    		/// <summary>
    		/// 艦載機熟練度の色 ( Lv. 1 ~ Lv. 3 )
    		/// </summary>
    		[Browsable( true ), Category( "Appearance" ), DefaultValue( typeof( Color ), "161, 207, 255" )]

Ended up with

If you want to try and see if what I kludged works at all for you... http://www.mediafire.com/file/7ba8ji...nicObserver.7z .
    *would suggest copying your EO, and shoving this in the copy, so can perfectly revert using 'delete' :P

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    @Ferreae: Awesome. Thanks. DL'd it. Do I replace all the files in my EO folder with the one's in the zip? I'd like to keep my settings/configurations and changes to the colorscheme file if I can.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    @goesto11 Heh, the only important one is the EO file (and make sure you keep the original one first. No proof you'll like how I have it. Being lazy, I just renamed it ElectronicObserver.exe.orig). The other files are there just to show how/why I have it set that way...then you can go 'naaaah, that looks dumb'.

Config was just there for the 14/12 px font..you can set that manually. Yes it can be larger, but even without clipping, on my screen it was just too much.
    The JSON was just a reference...probably shouldn't use it, since I think I changed a bunch of things only to realise 'nowhere are they actually used'.
    Layout was as stated..just for the initial 'why i have it'. Can definitely ignore.

Server
    Paramushir Anchorage
    Rep
    Mentioned
    1333 Post(s)
    @Ferreae: OK, so just the modded ElectronicObserver.exe file then. I might give your layout a try just so see how it is. Already can see it has its merits, just personal preference. *shrugs* I'll just back up my entire EO folder in a 7z file and call it a day for that rather than specific files. Bit ham-fisted, but will work for sure. Worst case, delete the changed EO folder and restore the old one.

IGN
    Ferreae
    Server
    鹿屋基地
    Rep
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    The latest Silfumus-branch has incorporated a few good features:
    • You can resize fonts and increase the vertical now Under Settings->UI turn off 'Use Fixed Height' and you can control the vertical as well as the horizontal. No roll or flutter yet, though
    • You can make 'cards' of your fleets and see images in the library. Under Settings->Network select 'Save API data' and then 'SWF'. Clear your cache and restart the client. It will add the swf files for each ship/scene in a subfolder KCAPI (300k~1M each ship). It seems to have problems if the ship is in an active fleet, but I found going through the Refit page and clicking each ship under Other.

There are options to change the font and font size, row/columns, use their damaged art, as well as set a background image of your choice for them
      You can also just export their various poses from the Library, but not as an 'info card', just the art.

• World 6 LBAS can be set to hide during an event. Also some LBAS simulator (but as I haven't put an LBAS in World 6 yet, can't speak for).
    • Several spots (e.g. ship/equip lists, quest list) have the option to search for the ship/equip/quest on google (will open in your real browser).

With the addition of the new equipment and such, it's a nice update of 'wished improvements' (and totally removes any need to use the ugly kludge I made..unless you like the colours (..which i do ))
    It also resolves the login issues from the latest DMM.com update.

Link to dl page: https://github.com/silfumus/Electron...s/tag/v2.8.2.0

Last edited by Ferreae; 10-29-2017 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Forgot link =D